TWENTY-SIX

[ A/N: Hey peeps! First author's note since the beginning of this book. I'm not here to say much, just wanted to thank y'all for all the love and votes ice been getting. I promise this book won't disappoint. For those who've read SOLD TO MR PAYNE and decided to read Matteo's story, I LOVE YOU ❤️. Thank you sooo much. Those that are new, feel free to check out my other works.

                  Also I've got this bestest friend whose also writing her first novel and was wondering whether you could show her a little love too. She's amazing and really needs the encouragement. I'd follow her a million times if I could. Her username is FAUZIYATIBRAHIM  and she's writing supernatural story called ARIA. I promise it's great.

           Please feel free to comment on what you think about the characters and make sure you click that little star down below.

Enjoy* ]

                              🌼 🌼 🌼

" Where's Danny?" He asked, not moving away from his spot.

" How do you know she's with me?" I frowned.

They never knew when I came or left and I never told him either. Maybe he checked his surveillance cameras.

" I had a hunch." He pulled out one of my sunflower pins from his pocket.

It must have fallen off when I was taking Danny to my car.

" She's sleeping. In my room." I told him.

Matteo pursed his lips and nodded, not bothering to say anything else. I found his silence very uncomfortable but I couldn't bring myself to talk about what happened just yet. I didn't want to tick him off.

" I'm not used to being polite, Charlotte. Are you going to invite me in or will I have to do so myself?" His cocky smirk slowly curled his lips as he made his way towards my couch.

I watched him sit on it, throwing one leg over the other and begin adjusting his tie, like he owned the place.

" You already invited yourself in." I frowned, still not moving away from my spot in the kitchen.

" You said the door was open." Matteo defended, throwing his tie on the armrest.

" That's because I thought you were-"

Before I could finish my sentence Dean came in through the door, his eyes landing on Matteo almost immediately. I watched as fear took over his features for only a second before being replaced with anger.

" You thought I was him?" Matteo gestured towards Dean.

He didn't seem fazed by Dean's murderous glare and also didn't seem to notice how panicked I was. I didn't want Dean to think Matteo and I had something going on but I also didn't want to explain everything to him.

What happened earlier was Matteo's business. I couldn't tell anyone about it.

" I thought you weren't coming till 4." I mumbled.

" First, it's fucking 5pm. Second, don't tell me this is the reason you've been acting so distant towards me. " He pointed menacingly towards Matteo.

I felt my chest tighten at his words. He sounded angry, really angry. But what hurt the most was how he was looking at me like I was some sort of disgusting creature. Dean never looked at me like that or even spoke to me in that tone.

" You could say that." Matteo flashed him a sly grin.

Dean clenched his fists and walked up to him. I didn't know what sort of idea he had in his head but I knew it was stupid.