SIXTY-TWO

CHARLOTTE

                                🌼 🌼 🌼

" Mat- Why are we hear?" I felt my heartbeat quicken as he closed the door, leaning against it with his eyes closed.

He had dragged me into the room where I had stayed after he nearly killed Dean and hasn't uttered a word since we got here.

" I just... " He shut his eyes tightly, his breathing labouring slightly.

" Are you ok-"

He had me pinned against the wall before I could finish my sentence, his intense gaze fixated on me with his jaw clenched.

" Kiss me." He commanded.

Hm?

" I...what?" I stared wide-eyed as the heat slowly creeped up my cheeks. He looked dead serious though.

" Kiss me, Charlotte. Please." He bit his lower lip, inching his face closer to mine.

I know I shouldn't have been so ...shy. I mean, he's pecked me before and we've both shared a kiss much more passionate. But I couldn't help feel as though he wanted something so much more now...

The look in his eyes said it all.

" Matteo, Danny is waiting for us. She's going to come looking for us." I lowered my head, hiding behind my hair.

" And I'm sorry for bringing this up, but your wife-"

" I don't have a wife." He growled, cutting me off.

" Yes, you do. I know she's not your favorite person right now but she's still your wife. And you need to focus on the issue at hand, Danny needs you." I bit my lips nervously.

Matteo sighed.

" Kiss me, Charlotte." He repeated, lifting my chin up with his finger so I could look him in the eyes.

" Matt-"

His lips collided with mine as he kissed me. This was different. It was desperate and firm but more importantly... It was lustful.

A treacherous moan escaped my lips as he deepened our kiss, only pulling away when I pushed him due to breathlessness. He didn't stop there. Matteo's lips latched themselves onto my neck, sucking and nibbling at my skin as he made his way up to my jaw.

It took everything in me to push him away.

" You can't do this... Matt. We shouldn't." I struggled to breathe with how close we were. He had me trapped, his hands on each of my side and from the looks of it, he wasn't planning on letting me go.

" I can do whatever I want, fiore." He smirked.

He didn't seem to be bothered by our proximity. But I knew better, it was driving him crazy, just like me.

I shook my head slightly. This wasn't really the time. Maybe if Danny wasn't waiting outside....

" I think I see the problem." He finally pulled away. I let out a breath I hadn't even realized I was holding.

I watched him carefully as he walked over to the bed. My bed.

" The problem is that you think you have a choice." He stated, his piercing green eyes never leaving mine.

What?

" I...I do." I frowned, though it was hard to stand my ground with his unwavering gaze fixed on me.

Now I know what Anastasia must have felt earlier.

" I've tried Charlotte. I've really tried to consider your feelings. But I realized soon after ... this isn't about you." He stated.

" This is my story. And whether you like it or not, you are mine."

                                ~ ~ ~

MATTEO

                                 🌼 🌼 🌼

I know I sounded like a possessive, selfish jerk. But that's what Anna's turned me into. My world's crumbling before my eyes and I don't think I can stand losing Charlotte when I need her the most right now.

She's the only person keeping me sane through all of this and losing her would completely break me.

" I already agreed to that." She whispered softly, taking slow steps until she was seated beside me.

I exhaled deeply when she rested her head on my shoulder, looping her arm around mine. Now I'm not even going to lie, this woman is my haven.

" I'm not going to leave you if that's what you're afraid of, " her hold on me tightened.

" I won't." She reassured.

" Hm." I hummed, a small smile curling the sides of my lips.

" But I'm going to need you to pull yourself together. I've told you already. I don't want Danny to leave you, she's too young for all Anastasia puts her through. No one should even go through that." She sighed.

I stiffened.

" What does Anastasia put her through?"

I always made sure Danny was treated well even when I wasn't present at home. I had the maids keep an eye on Anastasia and had cameras everywhere. There's nothing she could do to Danny that I wouldn't be aware of.

In the mansion, that is. But Charlotte knew more, I could tell judging from how silent she had become. I guess I wasn't even looking after my daughter right.

" The more dirt I have on that whore, the my chance of gaining custody on Danny should she decide to take this to court." I explained.

I wasn't planning on it. I could just make Anna and her boyfriend disappear and no one would dare question me about it. I could do that. In fact, the old me would have done it immediately she showed me the fucking DNA test.

But I couldn't, Anna was right. She may be a terrible mother, but she was still Danny's mother.

" Please don't be mad. At me, or Danny. I only found out recently and I honestly thought you knew. " Charlotte pleaded, looking into my eyes.

" What did Anastasia do?" I repeated.

Charlotte let go of my arm and moved back so she was facing me.

" She-She said that Anastasia and her parents force her to do things she doesn't want to do..." She bit her lip nervously.

" And?"

" A-And this one time... Anastasia, hit her."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought I should use two povs in this chapter to explain it better. Anyway, I understand of it a bit lame, I'm not particularly in the mood. But hey, it up isn't it?

Now I want y'all to give me ideas on Matteo's next move because I'm pooped. Does he kill Anna? Find her boyfriend first? Agree to coparent?

What do you think?

Follow _ Vote _ Comment