THIRTY-NINE

🌼 🌼 🌼

" Whoa! Blonde hair? Who are you?" I gasped dramatically as I stared at my best friend in utter shock.

Today was the only day Matteo hadn't visited me since our ice cream 'date' three days ago. I'm glad too, because Skye would have strangled me for an explanation, eventually getting the truth out of me.

Skye only rolled her eyes playfully, making herself comfortable on my couch. She opened up her small brown purse, some sweets falling out on her laps.

" Do you want some?" She began unwrapping them and throwing them into her mouth.

I scratched my head lightly and shook my head. Today was cleaning day which explains why I still haven't taken a shower at 3pm. I clean my apartment everyday, but today no speck of dust would be forgiven.

" No, I'm good." I continued scrubbing my kitchen counter. It was the last place that needed to be cleaned. Everywhere was spotless and smelt lightly of disinfectant.

" Good answer." I heard her snort.

" I've been craving sweet things all day." She groaned, throwing away the wrappers on the floor.

I sent her the nastiest glare I could from the kitchen but she pretended not to notice. Why did I even let her in on this very day?

" You always had a sweet tooth. Don't blame my neice." I wagged a finger at her.

" You mean nephew." She argued, patting her barely noticeable bump gently.

" Whatever." I muttered, walking past her to pick up the wrappers on the floor.

" I thought cleaning day was every first Saturday of a new month?" Skye crossed her legs on my table.

" It is." I said, throwing them away.

" But it's still September." She pointed out.

" I was in the mood I guess." I shrugged.

Today I had woken up feeling very well rested and energetic. I needed something to do and Danny was still away with her mother. So I decided to clean today, and the house is spotless.

" Have you heard from Dean yet? You know, since you guys..." Skye trailed off.

I thought for a while, after that message Dean didn't try contacting me again. He deleted the message so I couldn't see it again but I already did and honestly, it didn't bother me anymore.

" Nah. It's a good thing really, you know I have much more important things to deal with." I told her.

Skye already knew about Nanna's situation. As far as she knew, my ' parents ' were on it. But I haven't heard from them since they left. They stopped answering my calls and my texts. Once my mother picked up the call but she immediately hung up.

I was done with them.

" I'm sorry. I'd give you my whole paycheck if I was working." Skye sighed.

I frowned. She wasn't working anymore? Why?

" You're not working anymore?" I voiced.

She chuckled lightly and leaned onto the couch.

" Yeah. He said he doesn't want me working anymore. He takes care of all my needs." She shrugged.

" That's nonsense. You can't depend on him fully Skye? What if something goes wrong?" I frowned.

" Oh relax. Nothing will go wrong. If it does, he'll still have to take care of his child, and I'll make his life pure hell." She said casually.

I pulled off the band holding my hair out of my face and pursed my lips. Skye was a very hard person to persuade. She must really love this man to be so dependent on him.

" Well I'm gonna take a shower. I stink." I said, packing up the cleaning supplies on the counter and heading towards my room.

" I'll make myself more comfortable then." Skye yelled behind me, the noise from my television filling the room immediately after.

                               ~ ~ ~

Skye decided to help me blow-dry my hair once I left the shower. It was painful, but worth it. She split my hair into two and  braided them all the way to the center before bunning the rest. She even kepts some cute white pins to make it more elegant.

" I feel so pretty." I gushed, twirling around in my towel as I stared at myself in the mirror.

Skye dusted her shoulders proudly before boasting.

" One of my better works."

We watched some Netflix movies the whole day with a huge bowl of popcorn and some coca-cola. It honestly felt nice.

Just like when I was with Matteo, I somehow forgot about my Nanna's situation and it helped me keep sane. Matteo always told me not to worry and I trusted him with my Nanna's life for some unexplainable reason.

I just felt that he wouldn't let me down.

" Shit, I need to get going. " Skye checked the time on her phone before getting up to leave.

" Really? Why?" I pouted.

" Because...." She yelled back as she dashed towards the door and shut it behind her.

I groaned, standing up the lock the door after her.

" Best friend my foot." I muttered, heading back to the couch.

A soft knock came at the door just as I was about to sit down, eliciting another groan from me.

" Who is it?" I frowned, standing on the tip of my toes to look through the peephole.

Utterly pointless.

I couldn't see anything, but the smooth voice behind me told me all I needed to know.

" It's late, what now?" I opened the door for the handsome devil himself.

Matteo shrugged and walked straight to my fridge, throwing his suit jacket and tie on my couch in the process.

" I missed you, fiore. Don't tell me you didn't think of me at least once today." He smirked, helping himself to a glass of water.

I sighed in annoyance and locked the door. He just walks in like he owns the place .

" No." I lied, thankful for the oversized t-shirt I was wearing today.

Sitting on the couch, I watched him with a scowl as he walked over to me.

" That hurts. What are we doing tonight? " I threw himself onto my couch, face first on my laps.

I froze in shock, hoping he'd move away but he just layed still.

" Matteo, get off of me." I whispered, my face going red with embarrassment.

He only turned his head to the side, his eyes closed and his breathing soft. It took me a moment to realize he was fast asleep on my laps.

" Stop doing this." I whispered, but he was gone.

All I could do was stare at the side of his handsome face as he slept. His long hair felt soft against my skin and I couldn't resist running my fingers through them.

He let out a sigh as I did, making me halt for a second. I couldn't bring myself to wake him up and tell him to leave. He was exhausted, I could tell.

He was going to have to wake up at some point. Maybe then he'd leave. I continued playing with his hair, making sure to lower the TV's volume for him.

It wouldn't hurt to let him sleep for a little while, would it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who's Skye pregnant for?

Follow _Vote_Comment