Part i - Our ordinary life

Minnette's POV

It's a Saturday and I enjoy cleaning our house on weekends so here I am. Yes, I said 'our'... my husband and I live in a modern bungalow design that features heavy use of stone and glass in the exteriors, not just any glass might I add, it's polycarbonate panels. That's right, the perks of living at the edge of town. Our house is the only one here, our first neighbour is 11 miles away. We're creepy, I get that but we like our privacy. We have been enjoying it for four years. The house was a wedding gift from my husband's boss and in all honesty, it's wonderful and modern.

It's 2,800 square feet, and it has three bedrooms and three bathrooms. Mornings are the best, they flood the house with natural light from large elevated casement windows and an elevated inswing French door with transom windows at the top. Oh! the kitchen, we have a gourmet kitchen that makes preparing a quick breakfast or dinner for a crowd a breeze, with an Eramosa limestone island, and unique storage the best thing ever, don't get me started on the horizontal grain walnut cabinets, polished concrete floors underfoot and the addition of several elevate awnings above the cabinets to continue flooding light throughout the ground floor. I love my kitchen.

I was finishing up with laundry when I heard a howl that I was familiar with. I picked up a pair of drawstring waist cotton shorts and went to the back door. I sat on the concrete stairs that were in the backyard and waited a couple of minutes. A 7-foot-tall platinum blonde wolf with ice blue eyes appeared from the forest jogging slowly towards me. I smiled as he approached me.

He started licking my face the moment he dropped the backpack he was holding with its canines. "Silver! Stop it", I said but he licked me again making me giggle then put his snout on the crock of my neck, sniffing me. I rubbed the back of his pointy ears making him purr in pleasure. He pulled back and started changing into human form.

"Hi Babe", Max said with a huge smile as I gave him the shorts. "Hi back", I said and yelped as I was suddenly carried into the house by my 6.5ft platinum blonde-haired husband. He placed me on the kitchen counter and started taking off my clothes, we were down to my bra when he stopped and released a breath of frustration. I knew someone was approaching our home so I started laughing. "Who is it?", I asked curiously while getting down from the counter and started getting dressed.

"Sebastian... he called and asked me to go out with him. I thought we had time", he said in defeat making me smile. "Yeah, he tends to get overly excited when you agree to do things with him. Let's go get you dressed up for clubbing", I said pulling him up the stairs to our room. His phone started ringing, he took it out of the backpack and it was my brother, I took it from him as he went to the bathroom.

"Hi Seb!", I said with excitement. "Why are you answering Max's phone?", he asked accusingly. "Oh let me see, maybe because he's my husband. He's taking a shower", I said making him chuckle. "Good, I thought you were going to make him not come with me", he said then laughed.

"Unlike you, I'm good at sharing", I said as a matter of fact. "Oh yeah, that I know, considering how you two share the moans with the rest of the family whenever we go on vacation, very mature", he teased making me roll my eyes. "I hate you", I said going down the stairs. "I know, open up will ya!", he said knocking like he was about to break the door. I hugged him the moment the door opened. "Hey there!", he said measuring my height against his. "Ha ha ha!", I said making him smile.

It didn't take long for Max to appear looking delicious in a pair of black jeans, a white t-shirt that hugged him the right way, and finally the best part of him, his 10mm black titanium wedding ring that gave him an aura of elegance without being too flashy.

"You're drooling", Sebastian said making me wipe my mouth with the back of my hand only to find that I didn't have anything. I smacked him on the shoulder making him laugh. Max joined in while pulling me to his chest. He pulled my left hand and kissed my black titanium ring with six .40 carats of diamond stones in the middle.

"We're taking the truck and I'll be driving, that way I can get back before 3 am and I better find you waiting for me", he said in a low voice that was only meant for me. "I'll try my best", I teased. He squeezed my butt cheek making Sebastian whine.

"Man! Are we going or not?", he complained making Max kiss my forehead and pull back. "Finally! Let's get drunk!", he said when Max reached for the car keys. I watched them leave while shaking my head. I locked the doors and then went to our bedroom.

It has been two months since Maximus went to his pack. He's a pack warrior and currently working for the Alpha King. He's part of a task force that has been assigned to protect the Luna Queen. Their team has ten warriors and they work in rotation, giving me two weeks off after every two months except for the heat period.

When I'm in heat, the Alpha King allows me to stay in the pack house with Max until it passes. Making it tradition. The King has always been nice to me, Max thinks he has a soft spot for me.

The pack is roughly 62 miles from our house and it could be tiresome if he traveled back and forth every day so we decided that he would be coming back whenever he wasn't on shift. It's not how I pictured my life would be six years ago but I'm not complaining. Max has never missed a family trip or my birthday or my parents' anniversary party that is usually held at their home and it's mandatory for all family members. He's the best husband that I could ever wish for.

I just hope that one day he will officially mark me and we will have kids. It's a topic that I still can't bring myself to talk to him about because, one thing that Max cares about the most is not separating me from my family, and I don't know how much longer I can keep pretending that it doesn't bother me.