Part xii - Marking the territory

Minnette's POV

"Pleasure to meet you Winston", Max said looking too relaxed and that's when I noticed that he wasn't alone. He was with his squad. This was not good. I swallowed hard. "The pleasure is all mine. Welcome", Winston said then walked into the room.

"Hi princess", Riggs said pulling me in a hug. "Hi, Riggs. It's nice to see you. How's Adelle and the baby bump?", i asked with a huge smile. He looked pleased that I remembered his mate and unborn baby. "They're great and about to pop! Let me introduce you to the rest of the party crushers", he said pushing Max to the side.

"This is Selene, Tyson, and the lovely Kira", they were all looking sharp and I loved every one of them. They smiled at me making me smile back. "It's nice to meet you guys. I hope you enjoy the party and not... kill anyone or my Boss to be exact", I said the last part nervously and they burst out laughing. "We're not the ones you should worry about", Kira said while smiling at Max. He did look pissed.

"Let's light this up shall we!", Kira said leading everyone inside the party.

"You look amazing", I commented hoping to sweet-talk him. "I know", he said with a clenched jaw. I walked up to him and made sure my front was pressed on his. His eyes met mine, his brows furrowed. I licked my lower lip just the way he liked it making him swallow hard.

"There's a room right down the hall, it's empty and has a lock on it. Wanna go with me real quick?", I asked and he nodded. His face was still serious, but not for long. I walked at the front making sure to give him a show on the back. Wiggling my ass a little harder than necessary. I entered the storage room and turned to watch him. He walked in and then locked the door. When his eyes landed on me I removed my thong slowly and then threw it at him. He smelled it the hummed in approval. I pulled my dress up until the slit was on my waist then sat my naked ass on the cool stainless steel table, spreading my legs and offering my wet pussy to him. He growled. He unbuckled his belt and pushed his bottoms down.

"No kissing, I don't have my make-up bag", I said when he was going for my neck. He didn't answer. He entered me in one thrust and then stood still. "Be quiet. It's gonna be fast", Silver said making me moan. He fucked me so fast I thought we were gonna break the table, it felt so good. I had to bite my lips throughout. I couldn't hold on to him, I would have ruined his suit so I held on to the table and enjoyed the breeze until we both came at the same time.

"That was amazing babe, thank you", i said but he didn't reply. He got dressed and helped me do the same. He was giving me a silent treatment and I deserved it so I was going to let him talk to me when he was ready.

We returned to the party and found his squad blending in perfectly. He led me to the bar and ordered wine for me and whiskey for him. He drank whiskey only when stressed or angry and I think for tonight it was the latter.

"Hey, Max. I thought you were out of town", Ben said pulling Max in a bro hug. "I just arrived an hour ago and thought I should surprise the wife", he said with a huge smile. "That's a great man. How have you been? Haven't seen you in any of these in a while", Ben said making Max shrug his shoulders. "Been busy but hey, I'm here today", he said as they made a toast. "Met the new Boss yet? What an awesome guy. I thought he was going to fire people but I'm happy we still have our jobs", Ben said gesturing to both of us. "Yeah, I have. Did you know he's Nette's Ex?", he asked making me choke on my drink. My reaction made Ben disappear when Max gave me a tissue.

"What is wrong with you? He didn't need to know that", I said angrily but he didn't seem to care. "You know what? Since you decided not to talk to me, I'm gonna go and talk to people who actually care", I said pushing him aside. I saw Riggs approaching him as I went to the table where the rest of the PAs were sitting.

"Marriage trouble?", Linda asked making me nod. "I hear you, sweetie. Sometimes I don't know what these people want. You remain faithful and they're still possessive and bossy and don't get me started on the silent treatment", she said and the other two ladies hummed as well. "I just wish he knew how much I loved him. To me, other men are like parasites you know. No matter how rich or good-looking they are I just want me a him, do I make sense?", I rambled making them toast then I remembered he had super hearing.

Shit shit shit! My eyes landed on him and he had a proud smile on his face. I found myself smiling too. Then I remembered I was mad at him then looked away.

"You two are so cute though", one of the PAs said then they all giggled. "Minnette, the Boss is calling you", one of Winston's bodyguards said. "Ok ladies, see you later", i said making them waive and I followed the guy to where Winston was sitting with some older men. He introduced me to them and they were all in the FMCG industry.

"Please arrange a meeting with these gentlemen next week so we can discuss our ventures further and get my iPad, I'm giving a speech in twenty", he said in his office voice making me rush to the counter, I was glad I carried everything so I wouldn't have to go to the tenth floor when he needed something.

"Still on silent treatment?", Selene asked when I was putting the business cards I got in my purse and taking out the iPad. "Unfortunately yes. To think amazing sex would make him forgive me for not telling him my Ex was now my Boss", I said making her chuckle. "It was supposed to work girlfriend. I like your thinking", she said making me smile.

"Did he at least feed you before bringing you all here?", I asked making her laugh. "What?", I asked feeling confused. "Let me use his exact words, 'Nette will kill me if I take you somewhere before giving you time to freshen up and feed you'. He fed us, please don't kill my friend", she said making me smile. He did care. I turned ready to take the iPad to Winston when I saw him getting punched in the face by my husband who looked as red as a tomato.