Part xxxii - Out of character

Maximus' POV

"I can't believe Minnette wanted us to leave without coming here. This place is wicked", Sebastian cheered as we waited for the drinks by the counter. "She was thinking of Chester and the kids", I explained making him raise a brow. "Yeah, she does have that motherly instinct. I hear ya", he said then went on to dance. "Hi, guys. Where's everyone?", Kira asked with her hand on Sebastian's shoulder. She was wearing the tiniest dress I've ever seen and honestly, I was speechless but it was a club. I wouldn't expect anything less.

"You're Minnette's brother aren't you?", she asked Sebastian seductively. Oh crap! I don't want to be in the middle of this. I turned to the drinks and took them, leaving Sebastian behind. It didn't look like a priority to him anyway.

I found everyone dancing and laughing. I handed Mila and Minnette their drinks. Juice for my baby mama of course. She winked at me making me chuckle. I like how bold she's become ever since she got pregnant.

"Fancy seeing you guys here", we turned to where the voice came from and it was the Royal Beta. I was surprised. He was always reserved and never liked going to such places. "Hello Wyatt. Care to join us?", Minnette asked. He looked surprised, I was too considering what happened last time. "Thank you Minnette", he said then sat next to her. His body got tense when his eyes fell on Mila. Then I remembered I didn't introduce them, he might be confused as to why a human is in the pack.

"Sir, this is Mila, Minnette's sister. Mila, this is Wyatt. The Royal Beta and our boss", I said making Mila smile. "Hi there, a pleasure to meet you", she said putting her hand out. The Royal Beta hesitated but took it, his hand fell on her wedding band and he swallowed hard. Like he was in pain. "Same here", he finally said then released her hand. "Excuse me, I just remembered I have something I need to take care of. Enjoy", he said then left without saying a word. "What's up with him?", Mila asked looking concerned. "Must be work. I heard his job is pretty demanding", Minnette said then they went back to talking.

I turned to Riggs then Tyson. 'I know man, that was some creepy shit', Tyson said through a mind link. We went on having a good time until Sebastian appeared with a very happy Kira who took the girls away from the table and to the dancing floor. I furrowed my brows making the rest of the guys laugh at me. "You were with her the whole day, stop exaggerating", Tyson said making me huff. "You have no idea how difficult it is to stay away from your mate when she's pregnant, it can drive you crazy", Riggs said making me toast with him. At least someone understood what I was going through.

"I might sound insane but did you and Kira do the deed?", Tyson asked Sebastian who had a creepy smile on his face. He had no scent, then I remembered Kira and her powers, she might have masked her scent on him so we don't find out. What she didn't know was I was very close to Sebastian so getting the confirmation out of him wasn't going to be an issue. I place my hand on his shoulder making him turn to look at me with furrowed brows. "We did a staring competition that usually lasted a second or two before he opened up about whatever he was trying to hide from me. "Yes ok! Jeez, I hate it when you do that", he said making us burst out laughing. "And...", Tyson asked when we had toned things down a bit. "It's the best sex I've ever had man. I can't explain it", he said looking like he was reminiscing. "Of course you can baby", Kira said out of nowhere making us turn to see the ladies returning to the table. "Are you blushing?", Tyson teased and before Sebastian could react Kira jumped on him and started kissing him. "Woah!", we said at the same time.

"I can't believe Kira just did that in front of everyone. If you guys didn't have mates I would have vouched for her to be Seb's girlfriend", Mila said making me chuckle. We had just returned home and as expected, we left Sebastian behind. "Well they're alike in so many ways so I think it would have been a lost cause if we thought of matchmaking them", I said while helping Minnette remove her shoes. "I just hope he doesn't get hurt", she said looking at me with concern. "Oh come on he's not a child Minnette", Mila said making me give a weak smile. 'Kira, be careful, he's Minnette's brother ok?', I mindlinked her hoping to the moon goddess that whatever this was, was not serious. 'You got it, captain, we're just having some fun. He knows the drill', she said then blocked me. "What did she say?", Minnette asked me. "They're careful baby, can we focus on you right now? how are you feeling?", I asked while inspecting her. "I'm fine", she said pushing my hand away.

We went to our room and I decided to spice things up by offering a foot massage. "Oh god, that feels so good", she moaned as I massaged between her tiny toes making me chuckle. "This is not a laughing matter husband, try being pregnant and dancing at the same time and see how that works out for ya", she said with sass making me pull her towards me. Her yelp was so cute making me laugh. When she was right on top of me, I stared into her beautiful eyes, almost five years married to her and they still mesmerized me. "Why are you looking at me like that?", she asked making me smile and shake my head.

She placed her lips on mine and they tasted amazing. I felt thirsty and I knew that I couldn't hold back on my need for drinking her blood. I really thought that I would get a Vampire same as Jasmine and Mum but I only transformed, and have an insane thirst for Minnette's blood. The strength and speed that I have is still something I'm trying to adapt to. I was brought to reality when she bit my lower lip making my whole body shiver. "Are you here with me?", she asked with hooded eyes making me nod.

"We have too many clothes on", she said pulling back. She started removing her clothes slowly making me do the same. Every skin she exposed made me more hungry. I wanted to explore every part of her. When she got rid of the panties and stood my eyes landed on her swollen belly. It was still small but visible. It made me feel like a winner. I thanked the moon goddess for her. "Are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna come and show me what you got?", she said with her hand massaging her nipple making my cock leak with pre cum.