Part x - Blast from the past

Minnette's POV

Back to work.

What a bummer. Not that I hate my job, I just hate waking up early unless it's for morning sex. Max, I miss him. I hoped to have goodbye sex since he left when I was still in my period. He is a warrior and when duty calls we don't have the luxury of picking the battles especially when the Alpha King is involved.

"Hey! We are needed in the main hall there's an announcement", Ben called breaking my chain of thoughts. "I can't come, Mr. Reignfield will be here any moment. I need everything to be ready", I tried telling him but he was not in a listening mood. "He is the one who called the meeting woman!", he said pulling me with him.

I was surprised to see everyone in the main hall. There were people in fancy suits walking around with thingies in their ears. It was weird. "Who are these people?", I asked Ben and he shrugged his shoulders. "Minnette Harley, you're needed in the back", someone announced on the microphone making me swallow hard. What the hell!

I went to the backstage and found my Boss talking to a man I'd never seen before, he looked stressed. "Mr. Reignfield, you called?", he recovered quite quickly which surprised me.

"Mr. Everett, this is your PA. Miss M-", "Minnette Harley. I know. I did my homework", he was interrupted by Winston Everett the number one under 40 successful investor in the country, and my ex-boyfriend.

Well, I'll be damned. 

"What the hell are you doing here!", I asked making him chuckle. "That's not a way to talk to your Boss, Harley", he said making me turn to Mr. Reignfield. "Sir, what is going on?", I asked but he remained quiet. "We're ready Mr. Reignfield", the podium coordinator said. My boss swallowed hard and then led the way.

"I must say, you look ridiculously hot Harley", Winston said with a smile making me smirk and flash my ring at him. "It's Mrs. Kincaid to you!", I said then walked past him leaving his jaw on the floor.

"Good morning everyone. I believe you can all see that there are new faces among us this morning. As of this moment, Original Flavours Food Processing Company along with all its assets and employees is owned by Winston Everett. I would like to urge you to stay calm and rest assured that your day-to-day operations are not affected by this transition. The public is yet to be informed by this transition but it will in due time. Thank you", Mr. Reignfield said then stepped down. I saw an evil smirk on Winston's face and I knew there was something wrong with the whole thing.

I went back to my office where I found Mr. Reignfield deep in thought. "Sir, what happened?", I asked making him smile at me weakly. "Everything is ok my dear", he said then started packing his things. "No it's not, talk to me. I know Winston, I can talk to him, we can fix this", I said making him shake his head, "Please don't, you will make it worse my dear. I will be fine, I promise", he said holding my shoulders, he hugged me and I hugged him back. I went back to the reception area and thought of calling Max but he had bigger problems.

"I came as soon as I could. What do you mean Winston is back?", Mila asked looking panicked. I handed her a glass of wine. "I mean he bought the company from my boss. He's now my boss and I have no idea what to do", I said panicking as well. "Does Max know?", she asked startling me. I didn't think about that. "He knows we dated and he went MIA on me...fuck! He doesn't know about him being my Boss. He's at work he can't access a phone", i said making her think for a while.

"That's better than nothing... ok ok, I think we should relax first. Take a deep breath", she said and we did. Taking our time to look around only for my eyes to land on a smiling Winston. "Fuck!", I cursed making Mila look in the same direction I did. "Oh shit! He's coming", she said in a panic mode making me freak out too.

"Mila, it's been a long time. How are you?", he greeted my sister then kissed her cheek. "Hi Winston, what are you doing here?", she asked accusingly. "Mila, it's a bar, closest to my new office, I had to come and check it out. I had no idea I would be blessed with the Harley women", he said with a killer smile exposing his dimples. I used to love his dimples. "Yeah, sure. We're having a private moment though, do you mind?", she said with furrowed brows. "Of course, it was nice seeing you Mila. See you at work Minnette", he said while kissing Mila's cheek then left.

"Who does he think he is huh? Pretending like he didn't just up and leave. What the hell?", she said then drank the rest of her wine. I wanted to call the waiter but I saw one coming with the bottle of wine that we were drinking. "Offer from the gentleman at the counter", the waiter said pointing at Winston. "Are we that predictable?", Mila asked while yanking the bottle from the waiter. "I guess so. I turned to the other side and focused on my remaining wine.

We concluded that I mind my business and do my job until Max returned and asked what I should do. Mila looked pleased with her decision, I was terrified. Silver was going to murder someone for sure. We left around midnight, I dropped her at her house and then went to mine.

I prepared a hot bath and took a glass of wine to the bathroom with me. As I sat to enjoy the bath Winston's face flashed through my mind. I decided to stalk him on social media and man did he have them lined up. Some said they were dating him, some wanted to date him, others wanted to have his babies and others wanted to worship the land he walked on. It was crazy that I just settled with putting the phone away completely. I relaxed in the water for a few more minutes then went to bed.

Beginning of the Dream...

I was enjoying lunch at work when Winston came to me and pulled me in for a kiss. It was unexpected. I tried pushing him away but he wasn't listening until people started screaming, it was Silver in his wolf form barring his teeth at us. I blinked and it was Max with his black eyes and canines. "I knew I shouldn't have trusted you", he said with so much hurt. "No no no... it's not what it looks like babe please lis-", I tried explaining but he cut me off. "Lier!! I should have listened to my father. I Maximus Kincaid reject you Minnette Harley as my mate!", he said then pushed me into a bottomless hole.

End of the dream...