Part xviii - The beginning of the lockdown

Minnette's POV

"It's not him I promise, let's just get in the car and get out of here", I said making Max inspect me again just to be sure, when he found what he was looking for, he nodded and got into the car. The drive home was quiet. He was giving me my space. He put 'The Climb' on repeat making me smile as the tears ran down my cheeks.

When we reached home he prepared a bubble bath for me, I got in without saying a word. After the much-needed bath, I went to the kitchen to do what made me feel at peace, cook. I called him when the food was ready and we ate in silence. He washed the dishes while I went to bed. I relaxed the moment he joined me and placed me on his chest. It was time to vent. 

"Winston was the first boyfriend to not comment on my body. He embraced it. He told me that I was beautiful and that anyone who said otherwise was an idiot.

I was so in love with him that it was hard for me to stay away from him for long and he knew that so he always had a reason to stay close to me. When his family found out about us, they started coming between us.

His father sent him to school in another country just so we could be apart and hopefully, he could forget about me and it worked. He went MIA on me until he bought Mr. Reignfield's company.

When I saw his father today, the way he looked at me, like I was some sort of criminal after his son's money again, I just couldn't take it. It was too much and I knew it was a sign. I had to walk away", I sniffed making Max hold me tighter.

"Nette, I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was that bad. Nayeli told me that you had a bad breakup, I just didn't know that it involved abuse from his family too", he said kissing my forehead. "You don't have to be baby, it happened a long time ago and I'm over it. I just needed to vent", I said making him kiss my lips. "Babe, I'm here for you, always", he said then hugged me as I gave in to the slumber.

Max being Max, he called Mila and invited her and Chester for lunch. He only woke me up because he wanted me to grill the steaks. "Baby why do you like torturing me like this huh?", I complained as he carried me to the bathroom and put me on the sink counter. He helped me brush my teeth like a child and then took a shower with me. That was the part that made me wake up, during the shower session. His tongue made me cu twice. That gave me the adrenaline I was looking for.

"Now that I know how to get you energised I won't use too much energy picking you up from bed", he whispered when I was seasoning the steaks making me moan. Mila and Chester arrived just in time for a late lunch. We ate and the boys disappeared in the backyard and I knew he was giving me the chance to tell Mila what happened.

"So, I finally quit", i said making her choke on her wine. "Come on Minnette, you don't just tell someone something like that out of nowhere", she said making me smile weakly. "I'm sorry, I had to rip the bandaid", I said making her sit properly. "I walked into his office and saw his father. I'm telling you if looks could kill", I said not able to finish.

She pulled me in a hug making me cry. All the pain came rushing back and it was heartbreaking. "Did you tell Max?", she asked making me nod from her shoulder. "Why do you think you're here?", I asked making her chuckle. "I swear you hit the jackpot with him. He's simply amazing Minnette", she said and I knew she meant it.

"I know, I'm grateful for him", I said pulling back as she wiped the rest of my tears away. "So are you gonna work for Dad?", she asked and I nodded. "He's gonna go bananas", she said making us both laugh. "Thank you for always being there for me Mila", i said making her hold my hands in hers. "Little Sis, it's literally my job so don't even worry about it ok?", "Ok".

"We should get going My love", Mila said as we joined the boys in the backyard. The moment her eyes landed on a snoring Chester next to Max who also fell asleep, she shook her head and turned to me.

"Can we crash in your guest room?", "Yap, I already prepared it for you guys", i said then woke them up as she went to take a shower. "Baby, carry Chester to their room please", I said making him nod. I wondered how long Mila and I were talking for, to make them fall asleep like that.

He carried him up the stairs like he weighed nothing leaving me behind to close up then joined him in bed. "Thank you for inviting Mila", I said as he joined me in bed. "You're welcome babe", he said then kissed my forehead falling asleep in a blink of an eye.

I had just finished packing his backpack ready to walk him to the backyard when he swept me off my feet and dumped me on our bed, hovering over me. He kissed my lips making me moan as I felt his hands on my butt spreading my legs. He moved to sucking my neck when he stopped suddenly. His breathing was steady so I knew he was mindlinking.

It took a whole minute and when he pulled back he looked troubled. "What? Is everything ok?", I asked making him pull back completely. "I have to go, Riggs thinks there's a mole in the pack. The Royal Beta is thinking of issuing a lockdown and has called all the warriors back to the pack", he said and suddenly I was worried.

"What do you mean lockdown? Will I be allowed to come during my heat?", I asked. "I hope so babe, I have to ask the Royal Beta when I get there ok? We'll be ok. I promise you", he said and left in a hurry.

I called Dad and told him that I was ready to work for him and he told me there was an opening in the salads and baking sections so I could help around there. He was so happy that one would think he was the one who brought Winston's Dad to make me resign.

"I'll have your uniform delivered first thing in the morning. This is so exciting", he said then hung up. I texted my siblings and told them that I was going to be Dad's employee and they all cheered for me except for Amy. I wonder what her problem is. After her drama with Liam, I stopped talking to her unless it was necessary. I have a lot on my plate already.