Part iii - Surprise dinner invite

Minnette's POV

I woke up finding myself alone on the bed. I reached for my phone to see what time it was and it was 8:15 am. Not how I expected to wake up. I'm usually panting from the sex session that we always have the day he returns yet here I am with my sexiest lingerie and untouched. Something was wrong. I got out of bed and peeked at the front door through our bedroom window and Sebastian's car was still parked in the same spot they left it last night. He was in the house. I took a shower and put on a pair of hot pants and a T-shirt. I looked myself in the mirror and concluded I looked presentable.

I'm a size 20 and even though my butt is all over the place, the extra fat on my belly and upper arm is also keeping up. I find myself buying a size larger so that my arms would fit when it's something that has long sleeves. Max doesn't seem to care though, he looks like he's rather enjoying it.

I walked into the living room and found my amazing husband sitting on the couch alone with his head in his hands. I walked up to him and ran my fingers through his soft hair earning a purr sound. He looked up and smiled. He had bags under his eyes.

"What's wrong?", I asked while sitting on his lap. He kissed my neck making me moan. "I'm sorry, I know it's not how we usually spend our first morning together. I just have a lot to think about", he said with furrowed brows. I massage his brows causing them to relax at my touch. The sparks usually calmed us down. "Talk to me", I urged.

He released a breath and then kissed the palm of my hand that was resting on his cheek. "I met my brother at the club last night and we're supposed to go for a birthday dinner held in your honour on Saturday. I couldn't say no because they had Sebastian... A group of girls came and joined our table and Sebastian was getting cozy with one of them not knowing she was Colton's spy", he explained looking worried. It was a lot of information so it took time to digest it. I wasn't going to blame him.

"When you say family dinner...", I couldn't finish. "It means the whole Kincaid family", he said making me bite my lips. I had never met anyone from his family. He walked out on them the moment they threatened to hurt me if he didn't reject me. He ran to the Alpha King and sought refuge, offering his services as a warrior. When the Alpha King allowed him into his pack and task force, he sent an order to his family for me and Maximus to not be touched which is why we have been living in peace ever since.

"I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean to put your brother at risk. I just never thought they would bother us again", he said with concern making me smile. I pulled his lips to mine and kissed them with all my energy. I moaned as his hand entered my waistband. "Finally", he whispered in my ear as his lips started sucking my neck and his middle finger entered my core. "Mmmh!", I moaned then bit my lower lip.

"Oh come on! You have three bedrooms in this house, can't you use any of them? Except mine!", Sebastian whined. "You've got to be fucking kidding me... you know what? Fuck this", Max said then a minute later I was on his shoulder heading up the stairs. "Hey! Whose gonna make me breakfast?", we heard Sebastian say when Max locked our bedroom door.

He took my clothes off then his loose pants and entered me slowly. He had his eyes closed like he was feeling my insides making me smile. The way he stretched me. The way he held me. It made me feel like I was floating on air. The best feeling ever. I got back to reality the moment he started thrusting faster and giving me open kisses. "Shit... aaah!", I screamed making him smile. "I love the sounds you make when I pleasure you", he said making me pull him in a kiss that made us reach our high at the same time.

"Fuck! I needed that. I feel like I'm ready to kill Colton", Max said when he was returning from the bathroom with a warm towel for my swollen kitty. Yeah, we kinda got too excited and gave Silver control. "You're just saying that 'cause he forced you to go to dinner", I said and he thought for a second then agreed with me making me laugh. "Are you ok with this?", he asked me while pulling me to his chest. "Yes, Max. I have to meet my in-laws at some point right? Is that what you're worried about or are you scared that I would meet your ex-girlfriends?", I asked pulling back. I wanted to see his face. He looked terrified.

"You are, aren't you? How many did you have?", I asked pulling away further. "Babe come on, that was in the past, besides I never thought I would ever meet my mate. You're not being fair right now, how many boyfriends did you have anyways?", he asked and I knew he was trying to move away from the topic. "Ok then, I'll tell you mine if you promise to tell me yours", I said making him growl. "Don't pretend to be jealous while I'm the one that has the right to be", I said back making him whimper.

"Silver, give him control back right now!", I said with all the seriousness I could master. His eyes changed from black to ice blue and he cleared his throat. "Babe come on, this isn't necessary", he said trying to pull me to him. "I'm serious Max. We're doing this", I said making him furrow his brows. "If we do this I'm gonna kill them all so, can we just drop this? I'm begging you", he said making a nod, as much as I wanted to find out, I knew the moment I mentioned my exes he was going hunt them down. I got out of bed and went to soak myself in a hot bath.

"Should I order takeaway?", he asked from the bed. "Yes please, I can't have my brother seeing me walking like a penguin while cooking", i said making him chuckle. He placed the order then came to the bathroom and sat next to the tub. "I'm sorry I got a little too excited and lost control", he said making me smile. "I'm not, I kinda missed Silver too", I said then kissed his amazing lips.