Part ii - Catching up

Maximus' POV

"So how's work man?", I asked Sebastian who looked deep in thought. He was not the same energised person he was at the house. "Work is good Max but I met this girl and she's playing hard to get, it's driving me nuts", he complained making me laugh. "Don't do that man, Chester did the same thing", he complained making me laugh harder. "Wait... let me guess, you think she's 'the one'?" I asked with air quotes, he rolled his eyes at me.

Sebastian was a player and we all knew it. He had 'the one', every time I hung out with him... it was so predictable.

We reached the club and got in through the back door because Sebastian knew the owner so we got some privileges. We found Chester and Liam at the bar with beers in their hands. "Look what the cat dragged in", Liam said giving me a bro hug. "Where did you come from?", Chester said hugging me as well. "Hey, guys. Just got back in town actually", I said while ordering a drink. The bartender had a huge smile on as she gave me a beer, I flashed my wedding ring at her and she backed off. When I turned at the guys their jaws were on the floor.

"We've been here for an hour and she barely looked at us and you come and get her attention in seconds? What the fuck man!", Chester complained. "It's not my fault that I'm sexier than all of you! Don't hate me, hate the game", I said making them laugh. "We should get a table. Let's go to the VIP", Sebastian said then led us to the top floor. It was less chaotic and fancier.

"So how've you guys been?", I asked Liam. "Stressed, Amy wants everything Minnette has. It's driving me crazy. Whenever I do something romantic for her she will be like, 'Why isn't it like Minnette's?'. It's pissing me off", he complained making me furrow my brows. "What does that even mean?", Chester asked. "She wants a house like yours, me to be 'extra' romantic, and oh! Here's a kicker, she wants me to 'crave her' the way this idiot does", he said pointing at me, shocking us all.

"Shit!", Sebastian said making us turn to see a group of girls approaching us. "Hi, boys! It's this one's birthday and we were wondering if we could celebrate with you guys", one of them said to Sebastian, and before I could comment, he agreed and it was no longer a table for four.

"Fuck! Seb's gonna get us in trouble", Liam said. "As long as we're not in any photo, we should be fine besides, he needs this after being shut down by that girl the other day", Chester said picking my curiosity. "What girl?", I asked. "She's his client. She went to the garage to fix her car, he's been hooked ever since", Liam explained making me nod in understanding.

"Hi, what's your name?", one of the girls asked me. "A married man?", I asked with a raised brow, and she giggled. "So, married man, you wanna do boob shots?", she asked while wiggling her brows. "No thanks, but he looks interested", I said pointing at Sebastian. She looked disappointed but I didn't care.

Sebastian turned out to be the man of the party. I stood up and went to the toilets. When I was returning I decided to sit on a love couch that was close to the table we were sitting at. I was busy stalking Nette's Instagram page when someone sat beside me, I ignored them thinking that it was Chester or Liam. "What a gorgeous mate you got there little bro", the person said and I felt like my body was about to shut down.

I looked up and found myself face to face with Colton, my brother, and Alpha of the Crystal Fort Pack. He was looking at me with a huge smile. I haven't seen him or any of my family members in four years.

"Colton, what the fuck are you doing here?", I asked trying to keep my calm. "You've been ignoring us... your real family, so I thought I should come and see what you left us for... it's very disappointing if you ask me", he said looking at my wedding ring. "I don't care, you're not supposed to be here so please leave", I said standing up but he pulled me back. "Little brother, don't make me cause a scene... you'll regret it", he said as a warning making me sit back down.

"What do you want?", I asked feeling uncomfortable. "Now we're talking. Number one, come to the pack and have dinner with us as a family, and two, mate that human of yours or reject her", he commanded making me swallow hard. "And what if I say no?", I asked making him smile like a madman. "Oh, you don't want to find out", he said then his eyes fell on the woman straddling Sebastian. She flashed her fangs at us. 

It was a setup, Fuck!

"So you see little brother, this won't end well for you", he said calmly but I knew he was pissed. "When is the family dinner?", I asked through a clenched jaw. "On Saturday", he said looking at his fancy wristwatch. "Shit! I can't. It's my wife's birthday. I can't miss her birthday", I said making him raise a brow as if I just gave him an idea. "Perfect, I'll tell Jas to make it a birthday dinner then", he said with excitement then stood up and disappeared in the crowd.

"Why do you have to go?", Sebastian whined as the girls said their goodbyes. Their Alpha got what he wanted so it was obvious Sebastian was no use to them anymore. "See you next time handsome", the one that flashed her fangs said to him then left. "That's not fair. I can't sleep with blue balls man", he whined again making Chester laugh.

"I'm not worried. You always come up with something", Liam said as we watched him stand and go to the counter. "Where did you disappear to?", Liam asked me as I took a swing at my new beer. "The toilet", I said dryly. "All that time man?", Chester asked. "Yeah, someone was getting some so we had to wait", i lied.

"Looks like the birthday girl is long forgotten", Chester said pointing at Sebastian. He was being pulled to one of the private rooms with a girl he just met at the bar. "Waoh! When is he ever going to change? You'd think our marriage mojo would rub off on him by now", Liam said looking disappointed and making me laugh. "Buddy, don't keep your hopes up", I said and we toasted to marriage life.