Part Lii - Even the moon goddess makes mistakes

Minnette's POV

Saying that I'm happy it's an understatement. Ever since we returned from the Kincaids Cabin. Max has been amazing and I can see that he's trying hard to catch up on everything that he missed. Monna's best friends, school progress, Matt's favourite snacks, and everything in between.

"Even though Chester told me to leave you guys alone, I can't help it. You look so bubbly. I like it", Mila said making me blush. "You're blushing? Oh my goodness", she said trying to sound like Mum which made us both laugh. She was able to handle everything smoothly. I bet it has everything to do with how strict she was as a mother. "Mila, you couldn't help yourself could you?", Chester said with a smirk making me giggle. "I know, it's too tempting my love", she said while pulling him in a side hug. It made me smile. They looked so cute.

We heard a happy Monna coming down the stairs. She was already dressed like she was going somewhere. Her hair was tied perfectly and she had a T-shirt written 'daddy's girl' on it, I had never seen it before. I was about to ask Mila where it came from when Max appeared with a matching t-shirt written 'I'm her daddy'. "This is so adorable. I need a pic come on",  Mila said and made them stand straight with Monna on Max's right. I smiled and earned a wink from my husband.

"Say bye to them", Max instructed Monna whose face was bubbly and all smiles. "Bye Aunt Mila, bye Uncle Chester, bye Mum" she said then ran outside. Max came to me and kissed me on the lips. I thought it was a peck but it went on and on until Monna called him from the patio making him smile on the kiss. "I'll send you pictures. Later guys, it's Monna's day", he said then rushed out.

"That's so adorable", i said peaking on Mila's phone. "I know right?", she said then posted in the family WhatsApp group.

I helped Mila pack their stuff because they were leaving the next morning. I had to take advantage of Matt's nap time. Their bedroom door opened and a pissed Chester entered. "What's wrong with you?", I asked. "There's someone at the door, I don't like his attitude", he said then sat on the corner of the bed. Mila and I went to see who made Chester mad. He never gets mad.

We found Wyatt talking to Peter and Charles, they looked fascinated with his tattoos so he was busy explaining them. "Did it hurt?", Charles asked making him chuckle. "A little", he said and they smiled at him. It was a side to him that I'd never seen before. "Royal Beta? Welcome to my home" I said bringing his attention to Mila. His eyes changed to black for a brief second then back to normal gold, the colour of royalty. What was going on? It was like he was struggling to control his wolf.

"Royal Beta? Is everything ok?", I tried again and this time I succeeded but not before seeing Mila blush. "Yes and no. How are you Minnette, Mila?", he asked and I knew it was meant for Mila than me. "We're fine Wyatt", she said shocking me to oblivion. First name basis? "Good, is uh! Max around? I've been trying to reach him for the past hour. We need him at the palace", he asked trying extra hard to focus on me. "Oh! No, he's not and he left the phone behind. He's having a date with Monna and he didn't want any distractions", I said and he nodded. "OK then. Please let him know that it's urgent when he returns. No matter the time, tell him to call me. Have a good evening", he said then rushed out without waiting for my reply.

"Mila?", I asked when she appeared to be frozen. "Yeah? Wyatt gives me chills", she said while brushing it away. Wait a minute... bloody hell! Wyatt is Mila's mate? Oh, my goddess!

We were done with the packing when I found Chester sitting alone in the backyard. He looked deep in thought. I wondered what made him so pissed to see the Royal Beta and decided to take advantage of the situation while Mila was sitting with the kids in the living room.

"Mind if I join you?", I asked making him look at me in shock. "Where did you come from?", he asked with a smile. "Here duh!", I said making him chuckle. I sat next to him and we both stared at the stars. "He's her mate. He told me when he barged in like he fucking owned the place. The bastard even had the audacity to order me into promising that I would never hurt Mila, as if I would even think of such a thing. She's the mother of my three kids. Does he even know how grateful I am for her?

She's my rock. My whole being revolves around her. Hurting her is the last thing on my mind", he said while still looking at the forest. "Chester, I believe that you know it in your heart that Mila loves you... scratch that... she's obsessed with you", the last sentence made him smile. A tear fell from his right eye and he didn't even bother wiping it away. "He made me promise not to tell her they were mates. Who does that? I thought the bond could not be broken. What if she wakes up one day and says she doesn't love me or the kids anymore?", he asked desperately.

I didn't know what to do or say to make him feel better. "Even the kids look at him like some kind of hero. You should have seen Peter, it was like he was talking to his famous actor or something", he said and I could see his hands shaking. I reached for them. "Chester, I know my sister, I know the Royal Beta too. He will never break up a family for the sake of the bond. Sometimes the moon goddess makes mistakes too. Mila loves you and she will never stop, trust me", I said and he nodded after looking into my eyes and saw whatever he was looking for.

"We're back!", Max shouted from the front door making us pull apart. I went to the kitchen and found takeaway bags scattered on the kitchen counter with Matt on Max's hip. He had some pink hair strands and pink nails which matched Monna. "Look Mammy, we're twinning", she said with a huge smile. "Picture time!", Mila said and they started posing while I placed the food on the plates. "Aunt Mila, we went to eat ice cream and get our nails done look", Monna said stretching her fingers on Mila's face.

"The Royal Beta came to look for you", I said as we got ready for bed. "Anha!", was all he said making me turn to his side only to find him licking his lips in a distractive way. "Are you gonna reach out to him?" I asked and he ignored my question and then hovered over me. He attacked my mark with kisses making me forget everything else.