Part xvi - Hiding in plain sight

Maximus' POV

I woke up before Nette and made her coffee to go just the way she liked it then helped her iron the clothes that she put out before sleeping. I prefer her going to work with Abaya but who am I kidding? I found her hand searching my side of the bed with her brows furrowed and her eyes closed. She opened her cute dark green eyes and saw an empty bed. She got in a sitting position and when her eyes landed on me holding her ironed clothes on a hanger a smile decorated her face. "You didn't have to do that", she said seductively. "I wasn't sleepy so I guess I did", i said avoiding the obvious topic.

"Max, I promise I will resign but after I find out what he meant by sending me that text", she assured me when I dropped her at her office. "You promise?", I asked making her pull me in a kiss. It was very spontaneous that made my cock rock hard in an instant. I needed to fuck her in the car. Yap that was going to be my next move.

We were rudely interrupted by Ben who had a huge smile on his face. "What happened to you?", Nette asked when I opened the window. "Well for starters, I got laid on Friday and second didn't think you'd come today... after what happened", he said the last part nervously.

"Of course, I'd come. I need to apologize to him for the misunderstanding and see what he says", Nette said making Ben nod and open the door for her. "What time should I come to pick you up?", I asked. "5 pm bro in law", Ben said making me nod and drive away.

I always spend time at Sebastian's office so that's where I went.

"Hey man, I brought some nachos and s-", I stopped in my tracks when I saw Sebastian eating a brunette's pussy on his desk. I closed the door fast then went to the meeting room and waited awkwardly.

I took out my phone and went through Instagram. I saw Mila and Liam's post of me and the kids at the park. We did look like a sports team. I went on WhatsApp and saw some missed texts from the family group and answered the ones directed to me.

"Do you mind knocking next time? It's an office, not a toilet", Sebastian said while wiping his face with wet wipes. The last time I saw such a thing was when we were babysitting Sally and that was ages ago. "That's the client?", I asked and he smirked.

"Yes and no. She's a client but not the one you know. Let's go", he said leading me to his office. We had breakfast then we went to the workshop where I helped with some heavy lifting. The beauty of Sebastian was as much as he was a player, he was a hard worker. He wasn't ashamed of getting his hands dirty and that's what made his garage the best in town.

"Hey Bro. I need help. There's something wrong with the engine coolant", Amy said when she visited the workshop. I was about to stand and help her when Sebastian stopped me. "When was the last time you put water in it the way I taught you?", he asked his sister with a raised brow. It was like a bulb went on in her head. "Oh! That's what I was trying to remember but I couldn't. I swear, I always asked myself what I was supposed to do before starting the car in the morning but I kept forgetting and now there's smoke coming out of my hoodie. I'm sorry", she said nervously making Sebastian shake his head. "I swear, you are the reason I'll end up bankrupt. Sam! Please help me check Amy's car", he said and one of his workers came and took the car away.

"This place is so dirty how do you survive here?", she asked trying to clean the bench before sitting on it. "Well, your Highness not everyone can marry our way to a fancy life", he said making her smile. "I'll have you know that I was working before Liam told me to stop and be a housewife. Coming to think of it I'm enjoying life just the same considering he's still paying my salary", she said with sass.

"Wait, what?", Sebastian asked while I stared at her in shock. "Wait a minute. That's why you agreed to resign from the job of your dreams?", Sebastian asked. "I didn't resign, he just thinks I did. I still work from home", she said with an evil smile. "Oh my fucking god! You're making double?", he asked and she nodded. "Does he know?", I chipped in and she shook her head. "Noup! And if he somehow finds out I'll know exactly who to kill", she said making us raise our hands in surrender. She surprised me. What was up with the women in this family and earning their own money?

She left when her car was fixed. We got a call from Sebastian's other client who wanted a paint job and was too tired to bring the car to the shop. We had to go and collect it. We took an Uber and went to the fancy side of town.

It was a Mercedes-Maybach Night Series. Apparently, his kid scratched it with a bicycle when he was playing. "Hey Seb, sorry to bother you but I just got back and I really need some sleep. Can you help me with this?", an Asian guy covered with tattoos who was surprisingly friendly said. "I got you, Chin. How's the wife?", Sebastian asked just in time for a tiny woman to walk out the door and bring us the keys.

She was not human I could smell it. "Hi Sebastian, who's this?", she said when her eyes landed on me clearly noticing I wasn't human too. "Oh shit! So sorry Maggie. This is Maximus, he's Minnette's husband. Max these are my most loyal customers Chin and Maggie", he said making me offer a handshake. When I shook Chin's hand I knew he was a dragon and so was Maggie.

"Pleasure", I said and Maggie smiled. "I must say. I'm happy to see Minnette out of her shell. How long have you been married?", she asked while Sebastian got into the car. "Four years", i said making her smile even bigger. Chin walked closer to me and whispered, "The Harleys are under our protection so you better not be planning anything fishy". "No need to worry. I can't harm my mate now can I?", I said and it surprised him. He smiled and pulled back. Maggie was more laid back at this point so I knew we were good.

"Ok man, let's bounce. I'll have it back in three days, will that work?", Sebastian asked. "Take as long as you need. I'm not in a hurry", Chin said then went into their mansion while Maggie kept studying me until we left their compound.