Part Lv - A surprise reunion

Ten Years Later

Maximus' POV

We have been looking for the rogues' hideout for four days straight and my body is almost giving up but for some reason, Ashton has insisted that we were close so that's the only thing giving us strength. Kira stopped suddenly and then sniffed, I couldn't smell anything but we stopped and started observing our surroundings. The forest was dense and it was dark but there was something about it... it was too quiet.

"Maximus get down!", Ashton shouted making me doge just in time for Kira to tackle the brown wolf that appeared out of nowhere. "Don't hurt him!", Kira kept saying while trying to make him calm down. There was something wrong with his eyes like he was possessed. Kira used her magic on him and they suddenly went back to being the normal black that the rest of us had. "We're not your enemy", she said while releasing him from her arms. She looked too calm. It made me furrow my brows. "He's her mate", Ashton said making my eyes go wide with shock. "What?", Tyson asked with a smirk making me smile. "Finally!", Riggs said making me laugh.

"Ask him where their leader is", Ashton asked making Kira nod. "Where are the rest of the rogues hiding? Who's your leader?", she asked but there was no answer. Ashton walked closer to him suddenly the wolf pushed Kira behind him like he was protecting her. "I won't hurt her... Turn", Ashton used the Alpha command making him start transforming. He looked like he was in pain like he hadn't turned before. When he was in complete human form Riggs threw a pair of shorts at him.

"Thank you Your Majesty", he said the stood up straight. He was a huge man for a wolf so small. Something didn't feel right. "When was the last time you were in this form?", Ashton asked startling him. He swallowed hard and then turned to Kira. "It's ok, he's the future King", she assured him and he nodded.

"We have been under the influence of a witch for the past five years, she and her mate were cast out by one of the Alphas and as payback, she has been sending us to attack their pack. About a month ago she started losing her power and started using black magic. At first, it was just random deaths but then our population started decreasing, her mate who is currently our Alpha started sending us to different packs to abduct women to be used as sacrifices in her rituals", he explained and I felt my blood boiling.

I wondered who this so-called Alpha was. "So where is the pack now?", Ashton asked still using his Alpha command. "Five miles from here, please don't kill them. They're being controlled. They don't understand anything", he pleaded making Ashton turn to Kira. "Can you break the seal?", he asked with furrowed brows. "She can, I'll help her but we will need to do it from the source", Tyson chipped in. "OK then, that's what we will give you. Riggs, we need a distraction while the rest of us go for the witch and their so-called Alpha", Ashton instructed we all nodded and then started charging towards the direction Kira's mate told us.

We found the Alpha and Witch in the middle of casting a spell, Ashton transformed but he was too late the Alpha turned into a Lycan and held him by the throat. I took out my axe and threw it at his arm with all my might but it stopped mid-air then returned to my direction. I moved out of the way quickly making it hit the wall behind me. 

"Hello nephew", he said with an evil smile while looking at Ashton. "Who are you?", he said while struggling to breathe. "He didn't tell you about me? That's disappointing", he said with furrowed brows. "And now I know why", Ashton said making him greet his teeth and squeeze harder. Ashton's face started turning red as if he was about to lose consciousness. 

My adrenaline kicked in making me rush towards the Rogue Alpha and punched him in the gut. He let go of Ashton and then stumbled back a bit with his hands on his stomach, he groaned in pain. "Not bad for a little servant mutt", he said then hit me on the face, I felt my nose break and before I could hit the ground, he pulled me towards him and hit my head with his and I heard something crack and I was sure it was not his skull. He hit me in the stomach with his knee three times then threw me across the wall making me hit my back on a wall, all could see was my blood decorating the floor, I couldn't move, and I kept on coughing until I felt my lungs giving up. "Max!", Kira shouted from somewhere but I couldn't focus and gave into the darkness.

I heard someone shout in the distance. "Dad! Dad!", "Monna, take your brother outside, I'll be right with you", another one said. "No! What happened to him? Is he alive?", someone said in a panicked voice, I wanted to tell them I was gonna be ok but I couldn't move. "Yes Monna, calm down, he needs my blood and he'll be ok, trust me", were the last words I heard before blacking out again.

I woke up to find Monna holding on to my right hand while Matt was on my left. They were both sleeping. I looked next to the hospital bed and saw Minnette staring out the window looking deep in thought. I wondered how she must have felt when she was told that I was hurt.

This was the second time that I was in such a state. The first time was when I was trying to protect the Luna Queen. I swallowed hard trying to think of a way to approach the situation. One thing was for certain, I did not regret saving the future Alpha King, i am a warrior before anything and I did take an oath to protect the Royal Family with my life.

I was about to call my mate when Monna woke up and the moment her light blue eyes met mine they got bigger with shock. "Dad! Don't ever do that again", she said then hugged me making Matt wake up and Minnette come closer to the bed. "Hi, Dad... You slept for a very long time", Matt said making me give him a weak smile. "I know buddy, I'm sorry", I said making him nod then said, "That's ok Dad, Mum said you needed to heal so that when you wake up, you will be good as new", he said with a huge smile. "She was right about that", I said then Monna cut me off. "Mum also showed us the people you saved, when I grow up I wanna be a warrior too Dad", she said with so much fire in her eyes it reminded me of my younger self.

When my eyes fell on my wife and mate, she just had a smile on her face.