Part xli - Fathers day out

Maximus' POV

We arrived at the barbershop and started having our hair cut. Domitian was over the moon. "Sir, would you like a head massage?", the lady asked. "Yes, sweetheart. We're all getting them", Colton said from the end of the line making me roll my eyes. "Great. Please relax and I hope you enjoy our services", she said and I did as told.

"Ouch! Aaah! That hurts... Instagram made it look like so much fun. I'm never doing that again", Domitian complained. "Dom, it's called face waxing, what part of it seems like fun?", Dad asked making me laugh. "It's funny huh! Give him one too", he told the lady and I rushed to say "No thank you". "I want one. Never done it before", Colton said and Dad took the bait. 

"Fucking goddess. It stings!", Dad complained while Domitian laughed at him. "That is a lot of hair are you sure it didn't come from his head?", Domitian asked. "Oh please, let's see his", Dad said and they started comparing who had the most hair removed from their ears. It was very funny considering we're werewolves so of course Dad had more.

When we were done we took a picture and then left for lunch. We went to a diner and ordered almost everything. We shared most of them. We drank a couple of beers then Colton made a call and we were directed to the best Tailor in the pack.

"Hello there, we spoke earlier, the Kincaid family", he told the receptionist who was busy checking us out. He snapped his fingers at her making her blink a couple of times. "Yes, of course, follow me", she said with her eyes landing at Domitian every now and then.

"Gentlemen, welcome. So what's the occasion?", the tailor asked us. "We have a new father in our group and we just wanna make him feel good", Colton said and the rest agreed, I was just speechless. I thought it was all unnecessary.

We picked the fabric then he started doing the measurements. 

"Hello gentlemen, do you need anything", the lady from the reception asked while standing too close to Domitian. He was too busy looking at the fabrics to notice. My eyes met Dad's and we started laughing. 'What's so funny?', Colton mindlinked me. 'The receptionist has hots for Domitian', I said making him turn and see her checking him out. He was still looking at the fabrics like nothing else existed.

Dad cleared his throat making her turn to us. Her eyes went wild and she ran out of the room. "So not only do you want suits. You want my receptionist too", the tailor-made jokes but only we got it. Not the one whom it was intended for. I couldn't hold it anymore. I started laughing out loud. "What is he cracking on about?", he asked. Dad shook his head. 

"Dom, the receptionist has been checking you out since we got here. You didn't notice?", he asked. "You're all kidding me right?", he asked and we shook our heads. "Well that's new", he said still processing the shock.

"You mean to tell me women come to your restaurant and don't check you out or try to get you to bed?", Dad asked him and it was like a bulb went on in his head. "Wait, I have been getting a lot of calls requesting me to have a 101 cooking session from a bunch of female customers. You mean to tell me they are into me?", he asked Dad who made an 'obviously' face. It made Domitian smile. I think we just gave him a confidence boost.

"OK, gentlemen. Your pairs will be done in three weeks. I will check with Max and make sure to get all the addresses for delivery", the tailor said after Colton sorted the bill. "Thank you", we said in unison then walked out.

I think am starting to enjoy myself. 

Colton was right, I needed it but I'm not giving him the satisfaction. "This marks another fatherly advice. Always make sure to look good and confident when it comes to your mate. It makes them crave you even more", Colton said making me roll my eyes but Domitian seemed to listen attentively. "Trust me, the reward is worth it", Dad added making me fake a choking sound.

We arrived at a bowling alley and decided to make it a team versus team competition. If me and Domitian win. They were gonna prepare breakfast for the whole family the next morning and vice versa. I knew if we won they were gonna buy breakfast from somewhere. There's no way they would cook. They wouldn't know what a pan is even if it was right in front of them.

Four hours later, we were on beer number infinity, and as predicted Domitian and I won. "I feel hungry", Domitian said and we left for a bar that was close to the house.

When we were getting out of the car, Dad called me to the side. He looked nervous, which was weird. "Son, I'm very proud of you", he said looking at me in the eyes. "Thanks, Dad", i said then hugged him. "I know that I haven't been very supportive of your mate bond but I was wrong and since Colton said we should be giving you advice today then I guess for me, it will be that, I want you to never change, your determination and will is what makes you better and unique than everyone else and remembers having children does not mean you should stop being a husband or a mate. Minnette is a needle in a haystack, if you lose her you will never find another", he said with a serious voice making me swallow hard and then nod. I've never had such a conversation with my Dad so, it was very nice. "Thank you, Dad. You're my hero. Always have, always will be. I am who I am because of you. All my life, I've wanted to be like you. The undefeated Zad. You're awesome Dad. I mean it", I said making him pull me in another hug.

"Guys come on!", Colton shouted making us rush towards them.

We're sitting in the VIP area enjoying some whiskey. Dad was telling us about the great war when Colton pretended to fall asleep making Dad furrow his brows because he wanted to impress Domitian. "Let's dance", he said making Domitian's face turn into a terrified one. "I can't dance. I think this is the part when you will wish you brought Sebastian", he said making me laugh. "Sebastian doesn't know how to dance either Domitian, let go", we pulled him and Dad to the dance floor and they were both terrible but we didn't care it was a day well spent.

"I think I need a refill", Domitian said making me nod and follow him. When we were waiting for his drink he looked at me and smiled. "There is no better husband that I would have wanted for my Minnette. Take good care of her for me", he said making me smile. To be honest. I think I'm the lucky one.