Part xv - Uncle duties

Minnette's POV

"Do you guys have to leave this soon? I was so getting used to Tyson's appetite", I complained when Riggs and the rest of Max's team told me they had to go back to the Royal Pack. They took turns hugging me as they got in their SUV which was screaming top-secret military unit. It was the best cover especially since the Alpha King was helping most of the countries with secret missions. It was also why the hunters couldn't touch him. At least not directly.

"I can't believe I'm going back to the same predictable menu", Tyson complained as he got in the car earning a smack on the head from Kira. I laughed at her unpredictability. I guess that's why she's one of the most feared assassins in the whole kingdom. We watched the car disappear. Leaving me and Max standing at the front of our house.

"It's just you and my wifey. Now let's go, I promised my nieces and nephews we would take them to the park and then ice cream", he said before I could reply making me smile. Of course, he had plans with my family. He always did.

We got dressed and left for my parents' house.

"Uncle Max!!", the kids cheered the moment we parked the car on the driveway. I got out and watched as they jumped on him. "Why don't you two want to give me grandkids again?", Mum asked making me roll my eyes. "If you must know Nayeli, we're not in a hurry", Max said as he helped the kids get in the truck.

"Are you sure it's not Minnette being self-conscious about her body?", Mum asked making me furrow my brows. "Mila told me", she said. "Mum! It was one time and I just got dumped! Gosh!", I whined going to my side of the car and got in. "Hi Aunty Minnette", the kids said with huge smiles. "Hi, my babies. Who's ready to have some fun?", I said making them shout, "Me!".

Max was still talking to Mum. I pressed the horn making them turn to the truck. He kissed her forehead and then hugged her.

"Sorry, she wanted some business advice", he said then switched the car on. We sang the whole way to the park and it was so much fun. The kids were so happy. "Ok, guys we're sitting right there. Make sure you see us at all times ok? The one who's punctual will get three scoops of ice cream, deal?", he said while standing in the middle of the circle like a coach talking to his team. I took a picture and sent it to the family WhatsApp group. It made everyone laugh. Mila and Liam posted them right away.

We found an empty table and sat as we watched them play. He ordered wine for me, beer for him, and water for the kids. "Peter! Come drink some water", he called and they all listened. It made me laugh. "What?", he asked with a smile of his own. "I just can't understand how you get them to behave so easily", I said making him smile. "You mean like you were with Ronny?", he asked making me smile. "Uncle Max, I can't open my bottle", Pearl said making Max run to her aid as usual.

They played for one more hour then Max called them again and we left.

We entered the ice cream shop and got a table set for us. The waitress kept looking at Max in a way that I didn't like and he was too busy being an Uncle to notice. I stood up and went to the counter.

"He's quite an eye candy isn't he?", I asked with a smile. "That he is. Are you the nanny?", she asked looking so carefree that I almost slapped her. "Wife, can you add a scoop on mine?", Max shouted from the table making the waitress drop the milkshake glasses she was holding. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry", she said with a shaky voice making me roll my eyes. I was used to such reactions. Max was a walking snack and there was nothing I could do about it. "Just get our order please", i said then returned to the table.

"Hey, you ok?", Max asked making me nod as the waitress placed our orders on the table. I ordered an ice cream sandwich. I started eating slowly. I was so focused on what the waitress said that I didn't notice that Max was talking to me until he held my hand.

"What?", I asked and he furrowed his brows. "Nothing", he said then went back to listening to Peter, he was showing him something on his phone. "Uncle Max, can we go home and get a round at Grand Theft Auto? Don't say you forgot. You promised last time you came home for dinner", Charles said as if daring him to say no. It was cute. "Ok, ok... man!", Max said playfully as he paid the bill and we were off to Mila's house.

"Oh, man! Why are you back so early?", Chester whined as we walked in the house. They were clearly in the middle of something with the way my sister was avoiding my eyes. "Were they having sex?", I whispered to Max who nodded making me laugh. "It's not funny, I was trying to spice things up, thanks to you", Mila said then hugged me. "Hi Max, how are you?", she said hugging Max as well making me smile. He was pulled to the game room by Peter.

"What was that about?", Mila asked me as we sat on the patio. "Well, that's Uncle Max to you. Always getting all the attention when he's around", I said making her chuckle. "I can't wait to see your little ones. With genes like those, you're set for creating the world's most cutest babies", Mila said with excitement.

"I know we will but we're not there yet", I said making her raise a brow. "I don't understand you guys at all but I'm not judging. Want some alcohol?", she asked and I agreed. I was waiting for her to get up and go get our drinks when she shouted through the window, "Chester!!". He appeared seconds later with a bottle of wine and two glasses.

"How did he know?", I asked my sister making him smirk. "She has different tones for different things", he said with a wink making me laugh. "Thank you My love", Mila said then kissed his lips.

We drank while we gossiped about her neighbors and then work nemesis. Some stories were funny others weren't. By the time Max emerged from the house telling me it was time to leave, it was already 9 pm. We said our goodbyes then got in the truck.

We passed by a drive-thru and bought pizza and more alcohol since Max's colleagues cleaned us up.

"Babe why were you bothered by what the waitress said to you earlier?", Max asked making me turn to look at him. "I don't know", i said truthfully. "Nette, I love you and we're the only ones that matter ok?", he said making me nod.