Part xliii - Party crushers

Minnette's POV

"Babe stop pulling the dress down. You look perfect", Max told me making me relax. I hated going to parties. It was the Luna Queen's birthday and we were invited. It was closed off to only Alphas, their Lunas, and the council. The only reason I agreed to go was because Max told me he wished to have a dance with me and I bought it.

Being eight and a half months, I was even more possessive so you could imagine how I was annoying, especially when Max had to leave and go to work. I can't help it. I need him with me all the time. The Royal Beta once told him, he had to travel with Nimerah and I went straight to the Alpha King's office not caring he was in a meeting. I cried until the Royal Beta found someone else.

When my mind got back to reality we were at the palace gates. They looked at Max and approved his entrance. The place was full of fancy people wearing fancy clothes. "Good evening your Majesties. Happy Birthday Luna Queen", Max said then bowed his head. "Good evening Maximus, Minnette. Should we prepare ourselves to welcome our future daughter-in-law?", the Alpha King's words made my eyes go wide with shock then I started blushing. "Angus stop teasing her", Nimerah said pulling me in a hug. "Good evening Your Majesties", i said when I pulled back.

"How are you doing?", I asked looking at her tiny belly. "We are fine and eager to meet her", she said pointing at my belly. It made us laugh, we returned to the seat that was close to Max's station. He gave me instructions to make sure if I wanted to move from my seat, I move with him or Kira or Selene. I rolled my eyes at him. "Babe I'm serious. If you give me attitude tonight, I won't touch you until you give birth", he said with a serious face making me swallow hard and nod quickly.

I decided to focus on my phone the whole night until I noticed a man walking on the ceiling making me stand up and run to Selene. "Hey pretty! What do you need?", she asked with a big smile. I pointed to the ceiling, her eyes turned black immediately then she threw a knife at the man. He was very far away that I didn't think it would hit him but it did and he fell in the middle of the dancing floor. He was pinned down by the Royal Beta, and then men with black leather clothes started appearing from the walls. I was so terrified as I was pulled to one of them. He had me by the neck with a knife pointed at my belly.

"Now that I have your attention. I must first congratulate the Luna Queen for being with child. The man who looked like he had malnutrition said with an evil smile. When my eyes landed on Nimerah she was also held by another man with a gun on her belly as well.

"What do you want?", the Alpha King asked with his eyes glowing in rainbow color. "Well for starters. My chosen mate and then your throne", the man said like it was obvious. "You! You're the one behind the rogue attacks aren't you?", the Royal Beta asked and he smiled again.

"Clever pup. I'm the King of Faes and Nimerah is my chosen mate. It was a pact made long before either of you existed. The Faes are the rightful rulers of all supernaturals and not werewolves or hybrids. Now I will ask you to hand her over, every minute you waste not accepting my request will result in one of your guests' losing her life. I love killing women if you haven't noticed. Especially the ones with embryos", he said looking at all the women his men had captured with weapons pointing at their bellies just like me. We were a dozen.

"You wouldn't dare. Embryos are only used for black magic something that even you can't manipulate. No Fae has used black magic and lived to tell the tale", the Alpha King said with confidence making the man look at someone from my right and I heard a scream followed by blood spilling on my cheek. Tears started falling from my eyes when the woman next to me went on her knees while holding onto her torn belly. The man raised his hand and a light emerged from the woman's torn belly leaving her lifeless body on the ground. The light went to his arm then weird veins appeared from his arm to his neck and finally head.

"Mmmnh. That was soothing. I haven't had embryos in a while. Between planning for the attack and staying under the radar it was hard to add this luxury to the list", he said then turned to the Alpha King.

My eyes landed on Maximus who was full of rage. He was next to the Alpha King and it was obvious he wanted to make a move. He mouthed 'I'm sorry Minnette' making me shake my head hoping he'd understand that it was not his fault. My mind came back to reality when the man who was holding me, held me tighter.

"Well well well, a human carrying a werewolf child. You must be very special my dear", the evil man said walking towards me. I started crying.

"Don't you dare touch her", the Alpha King said with a deadly voice. "You even make him protective. Tell me, which one of these men is your mate pretty girl", he asked, and before I could say anything Max shouted from across the room. "She's mine. You can take my life instead", he said then stepped forward. "This is very spicy. What do you think Angus? I can call you Angus right?", he asked walking closer to Max.

"If you harm her then humans will attack thinking that we've declared war. We both know that won't be good for anyone", the Alpha King said making the man think for a while and then say, "Exactly". He nodded at the man who was holding me. He stretched his arm and put it down. Instead of pain, I heard pieces of steel falling at my feet. When I opened my eyes the knife was broken and the man who was holding me was lifeless on the ground.

"Amazing. An embryo protects its host. Who are you human?", he asked. When I couldn't answer he walked toward me and held me by the throat. I struggled to breathe. "Leave her alone", Max shouted then charged at us but he was held back by another set of men that appeared out of nowhere. The man studied me and then smiled.

"A pure blood", he said then laughed. "This pack has everything after all. The cream della creme", he said then extended his black claw. He cut my shoulder and it healed at the same time his claw left my body. "I think I've changed my mind. I will let Nimerah go if you let me keep this one", he said with confidence.