Part xliv - A risky bargain

Minnette's POV

"Oberon, let her be. I will go with you. No one has to die", Nimerah finally spoke. "That's sweet of you but you're yesterday's news Nimerah. Even Angus knows that having pure blood is way more interesting than a mere Fae Vampire hybrid", he said then sniffed me. "You can smell her purity. It's endless. So Angus... what's it going to be? Your Luna or Your warrior's mate?", he asked, and when Angus didn't respond, he looked at the man who was holding Nimerah. "Her arm", he said and the man broke Nimerah's arm, she screamed in pain making me even more terrified.

"Alright! You can have her just release all the hostages first", the Alpha King said then looked and me with sadness. I swallowed hard. I was due anytime now and giving birth to my baby under some dude's torture house was not what I wanted. "Your Majesty please", Max said with tears in his eyes, I've never seen him so defeated yet the Alpha King didn't move his eyes from Oberon. "The mate bond. Such an interesting thing. Ok, release them. Kill anything that moves", he said then opened a portal out of thin air and pulled me into it.

I was floating in darkness with someone holding me steady then I started seeing a white light. I started feeling dizzy and I lost consciousness.

"She's so pretty", "I know Mother. Let her rest, I believe she's due any moment now. Once we get the baby out I will make her mine through blood bond and I will officially be the most powerful Fae to ever walk this earth". "Did you kill the mate?", "No mother", "Why the hell not? You need the bond to be destroyed before sealing her with you otherwise it will all be in vain". "Don't worry. I have a plan".

The voices were so new to me. I wanted to wake up and see who was talking but I couldn't. Something or someone was holding me back. Telling me, I needed to relax and it was going to be ok so, I listened to it.

I opened my eyes and I found myself in the most luxurious room I'd ever seen. It was decorated with gold and white and it was so beautiful. My hand went to my belly and I rubbed it slowly. "It's going to be ok my princess. Daddy is gonna come to get us in no time", I told my belly.

"You're awake. I'm pleased to see that. Let me bring the servants to come and help you clean up", the same man that attacked us said but I didn't reply. He left the room. I got out of bed and went to the window to see outside. All I could see were trees. The door opened making me turn and I was face to face with Oberon and a bunch of servants in black uniforms. "Assist her in preparing for dinner be careful not to upset her or the baby", he said and they all nodded at the same.

"My Queen, please do not resist. Failure to have you attended on time will result in his highness ending our lives. I beg you", the oldest woman in the group said making me nod. I searched her eyes to see if she was tricking me but saw sincerity and fear.

They helped me get ready and then led me to what looked like a dining room. Oberon was already seated along with another woman who looked old. "My Queen, come sit next to me", he said making me furrow my brows and stand my ground. He raised a brow then looked behind me and nodded. I heard a neck snap and when I turned it was one of the maids. I was shocked. I walked fast and sat where he instructed. "Good girl. So, just so we're on the same page. Every act of disobedience coming from you will result in one of your now nine maids' death. Understood?", he asked with a smile and I nodded.

"Mother I would like for you to meet...", he looked at me daring me to disobey him. "Minnette... my name is Minnette", I said quickly and the woman's face lit up. "It's a pleasure, my dear. Welcome to the family and I can't wait to meet our girl", she said making my hand rest on my belly protectively. "My love, I do not plan on harming your werewolf child. I know I might seem like a cruel man to you but I was never that way. I just tend to overreact when people take my things that's all", he said making me nod.

He took me to the hospital for a check-up and seemed pleased when the doctor told him I was fine. "I must admit Minnette, I never thought I would ever commit to a woman so fast as I have with you. I see why the young warrior went ballistic when I announced my intentions towards you. You have this calm aura about you that is very heartwarming", he said as we walked back to the same hall we used when heading to the doctor.

"I believe that it is wise for you to accept me so that I don't have to kill your warrior", he continued saying and that got my attention. "Why would you do that? I accepted to come here willingly. You don't need to harm my husband. Haven't you had enough?", I asked making him stop. "My Queen, having enough is having your heart. As you can see. It's still not mine nor have you declared to make an effort to meet me halfway", he said with furrowed brows.

We started hearing sirens then I was surrounded by some kind of shield. Oberon tried to touch me but he was burned. His eyes changed color and he started barking orders. The window in front of us broke and a huge dragon head poked in followed by a weird dagger that landed on Oberon's shoulder. "Impossible", he said then started to run in the opposite direction but was pinned down by a wolf that had a mix of black and white fur. He tried to push it away using magic but it didn't work. "A werewolf wizard?", he asked looking terrified.

"I asked the same thing", Kira said making me turn just in time to see her and Max jumping off the dragon's head. I stared in shock. "Tyson, he's mine", Max said without looking at me. I blinked one time and he was on top of Oberon. Hitting him countless times. "Maximus, we need him alive", the Royal Beta said out of nowhere but it was like talking to a deaf person. Max kept on hitting the guy even though he was now unconscious. "Maximus! Stop!", the Royal Beta said using his command voice making everyone bow in submission. Max just froze. Then I heard a growl and he transformed into a weird-looking wolf and tore Oberon in half making blood fly everywhere. "A lycan! You have got to be fucking kidding me", Kira said while putting the shield down.