Part xlv - The new Silver

Minnette's POV

"Fuck, we need to calm him down before he goes feral. I thought no one could change into a lycan unless they were born that way", the Royal Beta said. "You're not wrong", Kira confirmed. I was still trying to process everything when Silver roared making the room vibrate and the whole group turned to look at me. "What?", I asked feeling like my heart was about to explode. "You're the only one he'll listen to. He won't hurt you, trust me", Kira said and I believed her.

I started walking towards the weird-looking wolf that I'd only heard of from Adele and now my Silver was one of them somehow. He stopped pacing and then turned to look at me with a glare that could definitely put me 6 feet under. It was terrifying. I placed one hand on my belly protectively. The act made his eyes move to my belly and it was like something clicked in his head. He went on his knees and his eyes looked at me with guilt making me run to him and hug him. "I knew you would come for us", I said then pulled back and he started changing back. He was in human form but his eyes were dark as night.

"Minnette, are you ok?", he asked while inspecting me making me smile. "Yes, Silver. Thank you for coming to rescue us. I never lost hope", I said with his face between my hands. I kissed him. He responded immediately making me smile into the kiss. His hands circled my body like a blanket making me melt into him until my water broke. "Well shit!", Kira said with her hands up. "What?", Tyson asked. I didn't even notice that he was back to his human form. "The baby is coming. We have to get her back now!", the Royal Beta commanded making Silver carry me bridal style to the SUVs that were in the driveway of the Fae castle.

Silver placed me in the back seat and then ordered the driver to move. I started getting contractions but they were mild. I looked at Silver and he looked so worried and I didn't want him to get even more worried. I settled with breathing through my mouth. I fell asleep after doing a couple of breathing exercises. 

I felt sparkles surround me at some point and I snuggled into them as I fell asleep again.

"Babe, wake up, I need to see you", Max's amazing voice made me open my eyes to see that I was on the hospital bed. "Max, you came for me", was all I said before he kissed me. It was a much-needed connection. Someone cleared his throat making us turn towards the door. It was the pack doctor.

"It's nice to see you awake", he said while entering the room. "Thank you, doctor. Is the baby ok?", I asked and he nodded. "She is fantastic. I just came to tell you that you need to be strong because as you can see the latent phase is bearable but when the active labor phase starts, it will complicate things and you will need your mate to help you with the pain. My recommendation is to maintain physical contact", he said, and Max nodded. "OK then. We need the cervix to be 10 centimeters so when the contractions start to get intense, press this button, and the midwife will come and measure for you. I'll see you in the labor room when you're ready. Are you excited to meet the little one?", he asked and we both nodded eagerly making him chuckle.

Two hours down the line and I'm sweating bullets. The midwife said I'm only 6 centimetres now and the contractions window keeps getting smaller and smaller. "You're doing great babe. I love you. You're my everything. Hang in there", Max whispered in my ear. I couldn't focus on him. I just wanted the baby out of me.

"We're ready", the midwife said then brought the wheelchair and told Max to put me on it because he wouldn't let anyone touch me. I was taken to the labor room and put on the delivery bed with my legs apart. I can't believe I had to wait for three hours just to get 4 centimeters on my cervix.

"I need to pee Max", I kept telling him but he wasn't listening. "Max! I need to pee!", I shouted at him which startled him. "You can pee right where you are Minnette, it's ok", the midwife said making me nod and look around. Everyone was busy and Max kept giving me kisses on my forehead, they soothed me and made me feel so good even though it was for a short time. He looked nervous and I think my shouting just made things worse.

The pack doctor finally came and sat right in front of me. If it was any other day I think Silver would have ripped his throat out but today none of us cared. "I see the head. Quite an eager daughter you have here", he said making Max smile nervously. His eyes met mine and we both smiled at each other. We both know this was it. Then the most painful contraction hit me and I felt like I was gonna lose my sanity. I screamed and the doctor told me to start pushing so I did. "Rub her back whenever she pushes it will help make it bearable for her", the doctor told Max who nodded.

"Aaaaaaaah", I pushed with all my might then heard people cheer as I gave into the darkness.

"Are you sure she's fine? She has been out for two days", I heard Max's worried voice making me open my eyes. "I'm fine", I said not recognizing my own voice making them turn to look at me. A smile decorated his tired face, I smiled back. He was sitting in a very comfy-looking wheelchair, covered with a blanket. When he turned the chair to face me, I saw a tiny head peeking under his chin. It made my smile bigger. He was having a kangaroo session with her. The cutest thing I've ever seen. "Minnette, how are you feeling?", the doctor asked. I tried to move my legs but I felt sore. "I'm ok. How's the baby?", I asked and he smiled. "She's great as you can see. Just waiting for Mama to feed her", he said, and made me feel eager to hold her. "They have an hour left in their session so, you have to wait for a bit. When the nurse comes, she will teach you how to breastfeed and all the necessary tips you need to know. Congratulations", he said then left.

"You look cute", i said making Max smile with pride. "Thank you. I'm so proud of you babe. You did good", he said making me smile. "You too", i replied then stared and him. "She's so beautiful, just like you", he said while looking at her. I wanted to see her but settled with being patient. "I can't believe we created a person", he said making me chuckle.