Part xxvii - Meeting Silver

Maximus' POV

'Congratulations on the mating', Alpha King said through the mind link. 'Thank you Your Majesty', i said not knowing what to add. It was awkward. The last time I saw him was when he ordered the doctors to save my life at all costs. Minnette led them to the living room. I went to the kitchen and got some drinks and snacks for us.

"How are you?", I heard Minnette asking Nimerah. "I'm alive... thanks to Maximus", she said in a weak voice. "Welcome", I said while putting the snacks and drinks on the coffee table. The Alpha King reached for the beer, opened it then took a sip.

"Minnette... I'm sorry for what I put you through. Both of you. I know you're angry with me", he said looking at my wife who avoided his eyes. "I'm not mad at you", she said in a whisper making the Alpha King chuckle. "It's ok, to be honest, Minnette. You've completed the bond now, meaning I can feel what you feel. You are my pack member after all", he said as a matter of fact. "I'm not mad at you, not anymore a least. I understand that protecting a mate is the most important thing so I'm not holding a grudge against you", she said making him nod. "I appreciate that", he said then relaxed. Nimerah reached for her hand and squeezed lightly. "Thank you for understanding Minnette", she said to my wife who only smiled.

"Your Majesty, if I may recall you said that you'd grant me anything I wished for if I saved the Luna Queen", I said making them turn to me. "Yes. Do you have something in mind?", he asked and I nodded. I swallowed hard because I was about to do something without running it by Minnette first. I just hoped that she was going to agree with it.

"I would like for the Harleys to be allowed in the Royal Pack. Minnette and I are expecting a child and we would like for her family to be involved in their grandkid's life. Since we can't predict what our child will be, we wanted to move in the Royal Pack that way they learn our ways without losing touch with their grandparents", I said and watched him mind-link someone. It was quiet for a few minutes then he cleared his throat.

"They will have to swear an oath first before you tell them about your true nature. Only after they see the real you and accept you as you are will I sign their clearance", he said and I released a breath that I didn't know I was holding. I was pulled in a hug by a happy Minnette. "Thank you", she said making me hold her tighter.

"We must be heading back now", the Alpha King said making Minnette pull back. "Nonsense. You're not leaving my house without having dinner", she said while wiping her tears away. "I guess we could have the skewers that Tyson keeps dreaming about right Angus?", Nimerah said making my wife giggle. "Absolutely", the Alpha King said while gesturing for me to give him another beer.

"These skewers are delicious", the Alpha King said as we ate dinner making Minnette smile at me. "Tyson was right after all", Nimerah said making me smile as well. When they finished we walked them to the car where we found their bodyguards done with food as well. Minnette collected the plates and placed them on the patio. "I will email the document for them to sign and await your feedback ok?", the Alpha King said then got in the car. They waved as the car switched on and then left.

"I can't believe you did that for us baby", she said when we finally got in the house. "Not just us but our daughter too", I said making her furrow her brows. "No, we're not doing this. We're not becoming Amy and Liam right now", she said making me laugh. When Amy was pregnant with Codey they kept fighting or should I say arguing about the gender of the child. It was fun to watch. I raised my hands in surrender. "Yes ma'am", I said making her nod. "Good. Now let's clean this up and go to bed. I got work tomorrow", I said making him start helping me. We cleaned the dishes and went to sleep.

I found myself resting my hand on her abdomen while listening to the baby's heartbeat as I fell asleep. We were officially doing it. Becoming parents. "Stop worrying. Everything is gonna be fine", Minnette whispered making me smile. She was getting a hang of her new abilities.

Three days later...

"Did they ask any questions?", I asked Minnette the moment she got in the car. She gave me the agreement. I opened it in a hurry almost tearing the paper. My hands were trembling. It was signed. They had agreed to not tell a soul about what I would show them. All seven signatures were there. I released a breath and looked at my wife. Her eyes were watery. "They said no matter what happens, they will stand by you because you did it for them every time", she said and I watched the tears running down her cheeks. They weren't tears of sadness. She was happy.

We reached home and I scanned the paper sending it to the Alpha King. 'Good luck on the next step', he mind-linked me. 'Thank you', I said feeling determined.

"What time are they going to be here?", I asked and she looked at the clock on the wall. "Thirty minutes", she said making me run a hand on my face. I went to our room and changed into my jogging pants and went back to the kitchen. "It's going to be alright baby. Trust me", she said making me believe her. I held her face in my hands and looked into her red eyes they were so addicting. I kissed her sweet lips and it felt right making me moan.

We heard cars approaching and pulled back. We went to open the door and welcomed them in. "Minnette, what's going on?", Nayeli asked and Minnette assured them that everything was ok as we led them to the backyard. "Mum, calm down, Max and I have something we want to tell you. It's a secret that we've been keeping for a while and we can finally tell you now that you've signed the confidentiality agreement", she said and they relaxed a bit.

"I'm a werewolf vampire hybrid", I said and watched their reaction. They looked troubled. I turned to Minnette who nodded her head. I jogged to the forest and gave control to Silver. 'Are you sure about this?', he asked. 'Noup but Minnette said we should trust her so... we're trusting her', I said and he agreed and started approaching the backyard. I heard gasps but no one moved. "Everyone, I'd like you to meet Silver, Max's wolf", Minnette said making Silver lick her face. "I knew there was something about you", Sebastian said making Silver huff. The rest were still in shock.