Part xxii - The Harleys meet the Kincaids

Minnette's POV

"Minnette? Wake up my dear", I heard someone wake me up and when I opened my eyes it was Xaria, she smiled at me while helping me sit. I looked around and saw Zadock and Colton talking to Selene and Riggs. "Have you eaten?", she asked and I shook my head turning towards the theatre door. The light was still red.

"It's been six fucking hours, with her blood they should have been done ages ago. What's taking them so long?", Zadock shouted making Xaria glare at him. He turned to the window but not before I could see the pain in his eyes. I could only imagine the pain he was going through.

"Here you go sister in law. Fill that tiny belly of yours we wouldn't want him to start complaining that we were starving his wife", Royce said making me accept the plastic bag he offered. I smiled at him. He had bought two sandwiches and a soda. I ate in record time making him chuckle. I stood up after finally having the strength to move around. I stretched and heard my bones crack, it made me feel better.

The door finally opened and the nurse emerged with an unconscious Maximus making me furrow my brows. The doctors opened the door after the nurse disappeared down the hall. "Mrs. Kincaid?", he called and I walked towards him at the same time Zadock did. It made the doctor look at him as if asking him to give us privacy.

"He is Max's father, how did the procedure go?", I asked and he smiled. "It went well, my dear no need to worry. He will wake up in no time", he said with pride. "Why the fuck did it take six hours then? I've been through worse and it still took less than that to operate on me", Zadock said clearly on the verge of losing his temper. "Well Sir, Mrs. Kincaid's blood is unlike anything we have ever seen before it caused the recovery rate to be so high that we had to stop the transfusion because the cuts were healing faster than our speed of removing the bullets. I apologise for the wait. Please excuse me", he said then walked past us.

"Did I hear that right?", Xaria asked with shock making me turn to look at Zadock for answers. For the first time, I saw pride. "What's going on?', I asked feeling lost. "Xaria has the same kind of blood as yours. The council calls it the pure blood it's not the same as the rest of us. Whoever possessed it has rapid healing and they're faster than the rest of their kind", he said while pulling Xaria to his side making her fit into him perfectly.

"Waoh, all that and I'm still human", I said with disappointment. What was the point of cheering while I had nothing to brag about? "Don't say that Minnette, you were able to save your mate today because of it. You should be grateful for every little thing", Xaria said making me nod without turning to look at them. I knew they were following me. "Yeah sure", i said then opened the door that was in front of me and my eyes fell on Max who was being pulled to a sitting position by the nurse.

"Nette", he said making me smile as I ran to him and hugged him with everything I had. "I love you", he said making me cry even harder. "I love you so much babe", he said again making me pull back and kiss the hell out of him until Zadock cleared his throat.

"Dad? Mum? What are you guys doing here?", he asked looking surprised. "The Alpha King called us and told us about your incident so your father wanted to come and show him who's boss. Well all of us did because we know our son is no traitor", she said with pride. I stepped aside and watched as Zadock got close to his son and hugged him. Max looked surprised for a few seconds but gave into his father's embrace. I was pulled to the hug making me yelp. "You too daughter in law", he said making me chuckle.

"How's Nimerah?", he asked when I was feeding him. "I heard from the guards that she's doing ok but the Alpha King hasn't allowed her to move", Xaria said making Max smile. "You mean like this one?", he teased making me smack him. Zadock chuckled making us all turn to look at him. "What? I'm not allowed to laugh?", he asked making me smile. He does know how to smile after all.

The rest of the gang was allowed to enter when the doctor confirmed that he was ok and ready to be discharged. I was so happy and all I wanted was for us to go home. "Can we go home, please? This place makes me feel sick", I said making him nod. I started packing our bags and then went to say goodbye to Adele and baby Karen. "Let me drive", Royce said making me nod. We entered the car and I sat in the back with Max while Amika sat in the front. I watched Colton open the door for Jasmine who was pregnant and wondered how could i've missed that.

It was a long drive but I was happy that Max was ok and in my arms. He slept the whole journey. He looked cute. I ran my fingers through his scalp every once in a while making him smile in his sleep and sometimes purr. "He's so smitten it's sad to watch", Royce said making Amika laugh. "Wait until it's your turn businessman then we'll see what you have to say", she told her brother who rolled his eyes at her.

We reached the house at the same time my parents' car was parked at the front and I almost had a heart attack. "Are those your parents?", Amika asked and I nodded. She mindlinked Colton letting him know that we had company.

"Mum, Dad, Hi... what are you doing here?", I said nervously making Mum raise a brow at me. She was pissed. "Well a certain human being refused to answer my calls so I was like, Nayeli let's go visit those stubborn kids of ours", Dad said making Max laugh. "I missed you too Domitian. You got the best timing ever. Let me introduce you to the Kincaids", Max said making Dad relax.

"This is my Dad, Zadock, Mum, Xaria. my older brother Colton and his wife Jasmine. My younger brother Royce and our little sister Amika. Everyone these are my in-laws. Domitian and Nayeli Harley. My Dad was in shock and so was my Mum.

"Oh my! Nice to meet you all", Mum said making Xaria step forward and start hugging her. Everyone joined in and I could finally breathe. "Relax babe. No one can fix things as fast as I can", Max whispered making me roll my eyes at him. We walked in and I went to the kitchen to make food for everyone while Max worked on who was going to sleep where.