Part Li - We are worth fighting for

Minnette's POV

Passing the Crystal Fort sign brought back a lot of memories. Even though they terrified me in the beginning I still managed to smile. Our family is bigger and stronger.

Max's hand reached my thigh making me turn to look at him. His eyes were trained on the road in front of us. He looked so handsome, he was thriving and lively. I was on the verge of giving up when he walked into the house. Mila was pushing me to hold on a little longer and now I know why. I interlocked our fingers and saw a smile appearing on his face.

"Here we are", he said making me turn to look through the window. We were in front of a wooden cabin. It was so beautiful. "Waoh", I said making him chuckle. "I know. Let's go", he said getting out of the car. I followed him, suddenly feeling excited.

"This is a beautiful cabin Max", i said when we were done with the tour. "I know, Colton, and I helped Dad build it. He wanted a place to get away with Mum", he said making me smile. "That's romantic of him", I said making him smirk. He had turned into a predator in seconds making me swallow hard. He hasn't looked at me like that in a while, I kinda forgot how it felt to be craved by my husband. "Is that a challenge wife?", he asked with a calm voice. I shook my head making him smile. He walked closer until our bodies were touching. My heart was beating out of my chest. I stretched my neck just so I could meet his ruby-red eyes, I couldn't focus anymore, I wanted him.

He breathed in then hummed in approval. "I can smell your arousal", he whispered in my ear, and all hope of remaining sane disappeared. I went on my tip toes and attacked his lips with mine. He moaned into the kiss while his hands went to my waist, supporting my efforts. my tongue tasted his, my fingers played with his soft hair. I missed him, I missed every part of him. I moved my lips to his neck and he growled. The way his chest vibrated made me want to feel his skin on mine. I pushed him back a bit, surprised that my super strength had returned to me. "You've got your strength back", he said but I didn't answer. I waited until he got my reason for staying silent and started removing his clothes. I did the same thing. When I was down to my panties his eyes were glowing with lust all over them.

"Come closer", I said and he did. I rested the palm of my hand on his chest, feeling his heartbeat, it was fast. I looked at his face again and this time around he was filled with determination. He lifted me and placed me on a wooden console, he started sucking my mark and I felt my pussy leaking on the floor. "Maximus", I called him, and his body stiffed. "Yes babe", he replied then saw my eyes looking down. His member was rock hard and precum was leaking on it. I swallowed hard making him kiss my lips, it was not an innocent one, it was desperate, like he wanted to consume my whole being. He entered me in one thrust making me scream.

"Fuck!", we cursed at the same time and it was like we were making love for the first time. I held on tighter. I pulled back and met his eyes. "I love you my Minnette", the way he said it made me feel like I was filled with a whole new energy. "I love you too Maximus", i said and watched as his canines extended, i leaned to the right exposing my neck to him, ready to be claimed by my one and only mate. "Thank you", he said the sinked his canines on my old mark.

A new energy entered my body and I embraced it. It was the mate bond, it was getting stronger. I moaned. He started thrusting over and over again until I felt my walls suffocate him, he hissed every time it happened and it felt amazing. "I'm cumming", I said in a moan making him increase his pace. I couldn't hold it anymore, I reached my orgasm. It was so intense that I found myself sweating bullets. I looked at Max and he had a determined face on, he put me down and turned me so I was facing the console. Before I could process it, he entered me from behind. "Aah!", I screamed then my lips were directed to his swallowing my scream as his free hand rested on my pussy, his thumb massaging my bud while he thrusted again and again. It felt so good making me surrender to him until we both reached our high at the same time.

"That was amazing", he said while we were sleeping on the carpet surrounded by pillows. I moved so I was sleeping on top of him. His hand rested on my thigh as he drew random patterns on me. "I missed you", i said and he looked down on me and smiled. "You have no idea", he said and my stomach rumbled. "Let me go make us some dinner", he said making me look at him with shock. "You heard right, I'm gonna make us some food and you're gonna love it", he said confidently. "Ok then, let's see what you got", I said with a smirk knowing that he loved challenges. He got up and put on a pair of boxers then went to the kitchen.

I tried to keep my eyes open but I failed and gave into the slumber.

"Babe, food is ready", Max woke me up and the first thing I saw was a candlelight dinner with lasagne in the middle of two wine glasses. It looked delicious. "It looks amazing husband", I said while blushing. I had no idea why. It made him laugh. I wrapped myself around the sheets and then sat properly ready to devour the food. I took the first bite and it was edible, then I noticed the cumin flavour. I smiled. "It was Mila wasn't it?", I asked and his eyes went wide. "How did you know?", he asked with amusement. "She loves cumin", I said making him laugh. "She said you will notice. Now I see where Monna gets her genius thinking from", he said making me smile. Was that pride I saw? "Babe, I'm always proud of you", he said making me stare at him like he had two heads. "Yes, I can read your mind", he said with a chuckle.

His reading my mind made things worse, especially in bed. I needed to call Jasmine so she could help me with the blocking thing otherwise it was not going to work well for me. "Oh really? I guess I have to enjoy it while it lasts huh?", he said while hovering over me. "That's not funny, you need to stop Maximus", I pretended to be serious while my body was responding to his every move. "Oh really?", he asked with a smirk. I knew I was done for.