3.

That Weird Word

I was sitting in class, taking notes. Dominique was sitting next to me, typing on her laptop per usual.

"And you may be wondering, what the hell does this have to do with anything. Right? I see it on all of your faces..." the professor laughed. A few of us laughed a little at his comment.

Eventually I started to zone out because he was starting to sound like a broken record.

I quickly zoned back in when the professor mentioned Dominique's name. "You always have something insightful to add to the conversation. Why don't you take a stab at it." he spoke.

I looked at Dominque who was already looking at me.

"Well..." she slowly turned her attention to the professor. "I agree, we all process things differently. We all have different feelings and mindsets about different things or actions of others." Dominique started.

"I would have to disagree that everything is done to get a reaction though. I think some things are done to mask one's true colors. Almost as a safety net if anything goes wrong." she expressed.

"But, eventually people get to the point when they no longer care about how they're looked at. What's the point in following the norms if one isn't happy? That's why norms are eventually broken." Dominique stated.

"I like that. You make a very good point." the professor seemed impressed by her words.

"Teachers pet." I mumbled.

"Suck my dick." Dominique spoke through her smile.

"I'd rather not." I scoffed. Dominique then looked at me. "You sure?" she almost teased. "Positive." I nodded.

"Damn...I would've cleared my roster for you." she smirked, slowly turning her attention back to her computer.

I narrowed my eyes at her for a moment, before shaking my head at her comment. I tuned back into the professor's lecture. After a while I started doing everything but school work on my laptop. It was that or fall asleep during his lecture.

I was scrolling on my laptop when suddenly, I noticed Dominique's hand reach over. She quickly turned off my laptop then proceeded typing on hers like nothing happened.

I sighed to myself as I slowly turned and looked at her. Dominique looked in the zone for whatever she was typing.

"You're literally the most childish adult I have ever met." I expressed, obviously annoyed.

I didn't get a response as Dominique's attention was fully on her laptop. Or at least it had seemed so. About half a minute had passed when she closed her laptop.

"What?" Dominique finally looked at me, asking me to repeat what I said. "You're childish." I said with a blank stare. "Oh." Dominique smiled as she leaned back in her seat, stretching.

Her shirt raised a little, showing the waistband of her boxers.

Not that I was looking.

"I like messing with you. You're easy to annoy." Dominique said in a low, smooth tone. She then started rubbing my shoulder.

"Yo." I quickly pulled away from her. I rolled my seat a few inches away from hers while shaking my head. Dominique slowly moved her seat closer to mines. "Bro." I chuckled a little, trying to push her away.

Dominique laughed while moving back to her original spot.

Once class was over, Dominique and I left together. She had asked me for a ride back to her place, which wasn't far from campus. Dominique usually walked to and from class in order to save gas, yet she was always wasting mines.