14.

Blocked (A True Love Story)

I laid on my bed, staring at the long paragraph Dominique sent me in the middle of the night. It was a paragraph expressing that we will no longer continue with our sneaky link behaviors.

Dominique also expressed that she didn't really want me in her life besides basketball. She told me to not approach her during practice either.

I was now blocked on literally everything...

I was more than confused about where this was coming from. Yea, I noticed she had been distance these past couple of days but, I thought it was something small that would pass over.

After all, Niya told me not to worry.

During todays practice she deadass ignored me, as if I was a ghost or something. Every time I tried to approach her or talk, she'd walk past me.

I waited by Dominique's car as I waited for her to come out of the Athletic Hall.

"Oh my god." Dominique threw her head back and smacked her teeth when she saw me waiting by her car.

"I just wanna talk." I told her. "I don't. What part of don't approach me at practice don't you understand?" Dominique asked, unlocking her car door.

"I just wanna know why. You saying that you don't wanna fuck anymore, okay cool. But you saying you don't even wanna be friends? And so sudden...did I do something wrong?" I sighed.

Dominique took a deep breath.

"Nope. You did everything perfectly right." she forced a smile on her face. I watched as she got into her car.

"Bro, you literally make no sense. Like if I did everything right, why the fuck am I blocked?" I squinted. "Angel. I told you I didn't wanna talk about it. Please just leave it alone." Dominique said.

"Fine, you know what? I'll leave it alone. I'll leave everything, including your weird ass alone. You want me to stop talking to you? You got it. Matter of fact, I won't even look at you. Cause just looking at your annoying ass will piss me the fuck off!" I accidentally snapped.

I kind of felt bad as I realized the words that left my mouth.

Dominique didn't even respond, she just lazily nodded before closing her car door. She started her car, pulled out of the lot then sped off.

I slowly walked back to my car, beating myself up about what I said to Dominique. Maybe there's actually more to the situation...and I just snapped on her for no reason.

I got into my car and headed home.

When I got home, I laid on my couch and zoned out for awhile. I had the tv on in the background but I just couldn't enjoy it.

I lazily looked over at my phone buzzing on the coffee table. A loud sigh come out my mouth as I reached over and grabbed my phone.

Why is Niya calling me?

I answered the phone and before I could even say anything Niya started yelling at me.

"What the fuck did you do to Dominique?! I told you not to fucking play with her! Ouu I swear to god Angel..." Niya started going off.