24.

A Christmas to Remember (1)

*Christmas Eve*

"Aw, come on." I pleaded.

"No." Dominique firmly spoke.

"But they're really nice. And my mother really wants to meet you." I sighed. "That's wonderful." Dominique sarcastically smiled.

"Don't you wanna see Hazel again?" I smiled.

"The real question is, does Hazel wanna see me again?" Dominique smiled. "I'm sure she does." I chuckled. "She was just messing with you last time." I stated.

"Here's the truth...I honestly don't like family gatherings." Dominique expressed.

"Every time I've been to a family gathering, it wasn't my family." she continued.

"The closest I ever gotten to a family gathering was when my mom and I got beat up by her boyfriend and my dad got arrested." Dominique laughed.

"That's not funny." I frowned. "Never said it was." Dominique chuckled. "But, you're laughing like it is." I stated.

"It's just how I cope. Why does it bother you so much?" Dominique questioned. "It's not your trauma." she mumbled, walking off into the kitchen.

"Maybe not, but it's my girlfriend's trauma." I quickly followed her.

"So?" Dominique shrugged. "So. I feel for you. I may not- no, I know I don't understand everything you've been through but I feel for you. And I'm...I'm sensitive to your feelings." I voiced.

"That's why I've cried with you a couple of times recently. Because your feelings and moods are starting to rub off on me. And I don't know why!" I admitted.

"Oh..." Dominique looked away.

"Yea, oh." I said before turning around and walking off.

I went into my bedroom and continued packing for the evening. Everyone was going to my parents house for the dinner. Close family were also spending the night, so we could all be there for Christmas day.

Dominique walked into the room and sat on the bed, next to where I was packing. I picked up my stuff and moved to another part of the bed to continue packing.

"Angel..." Dominique quietly sighed while following me. "Stop following me." I told her, picking up my things to move.

Dominique quickly grabbed my stuff and sat it back down.

I ignored her and decided to go get the Christmas presents ready. I went out to the hallway and opened up the hallway closet. I carefully began taking down the boxes and bags from the top shelf.

Dominique walked up to me and leaned against the closet door frame. She tilted her head a little, staring at me.

"So you're mad at me now?" she sighed.

"So you're mad at me now?" I mocked her, making a face.

"I don't even sound like that." Dominique scoffed. "I don't even sound like that." I continued to mock her then roll my eyes.