48.

Reunited

*The Next Day*

My conversation with Jonathan was interrupted by Angel calling me for the fifth time in a row, of which I answered all of them. "Hello..." I answered for the fifth time.

"I'm bored." Angel softly sighed.

"I'm sorry to hear that. You know I'm at work right?" I asked. "Still?" Angel questioned. "Yes, still. I literally clocked in two hours ago." I stated. "Oh...well what are you doing?" Angel asked.

"Working?" I nearly questioned my own answer. "Oh...yea." Angel sighed.

I happened to look up and saw my manager making rounds. "I have to get ready to go but, just text me okay? I'll respond whenever I get the chance." I expressed to Angel.

"Noo..." Angel whined.

"Stooop. Work with me here. My manager's coming, I have to go. Text me." I groaned and whispered before hanging up the call.

My manager walked over to Jonathan and I, holding a very small and pointless conversation with us. She was a rather ghetto older woman, who tried to act like she did her job.

Once she finally walked off, I checked my phone and read the messages Angel sent me.

𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥: Dominique. I miss you.
𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥: I love you.
𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥: And I'm bored

Angel then proceeded to spell out my entire name through text, sending each letter individually. After that, I continued reading the rest of her messages. I paused after reading her last text.

𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥: Can we get back together?

𝐌𝐞: I miss you too.

𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥: Okay. Can we get back together?

𝐌𝐞: I love you too.

𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥: Shealahhhh
𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥: Stoooooop ittt
𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥: Can we get back together?!

𝐌𝐞: Are you still bored?

As soon as it said read underneath my message, Angel called me. I sighed to myself while standing up. "Johnny can you cover for me? I'm taking a bathroom break." I smiled at him.

"Mhm. Go ahead and take your phone call with your ex break." Jonathan teased.

"Oh please. I don't wanna hear nothing from you until you talk to Carlo." I teased back. Jonathan held his middle finger up at me, for the first time.

"Jonathan?" I gasped.

I then walked away, answering my phone before it stopped ringing. Lord knows I'd really be in trouble then.

"Dominique." Angel spoke immediately. "Yes Angel?" I responded. "Why the fuck you keep playing with me?" Angel asked. I smiled a little while leaning my head against the wall.

"Playing with you, how?" I questioned. "Why do you keep tryna dodge my fucking question?" Angel asked firmly. "What you mean? I was just responding to your previous messages." I stated.