44.

Self Respect

*Two Weeks Since The Breakup*

I fucking hate my life.

Kill me now.

I groaned loudly while smashing my face into my pillow. "Dominiqueee!" I whined loudly into the pillow. "Come baaack!" I continued. "I miss you stink." I sniffed a little.

"Ugh! This place is filthy." I heard my mother say, standing at my room door. "Then get out." I responded, honestly over it.

"Excuse me?" my mother instantly said.

"I'm sorry. I just miss my girl." I spoke. "Your girl?" my mother questioned. I rolled over and looked at her. "I'm sorry, I just thought you guys were broken up?" my mother seemed confused.

"Yea...she's still my baby though." I softly nodded. "Oh...okay." my mother nodded, but I could tell she was giving me a side eye.

"Um, I'm gonna go clean the living room and make you a meal. I want you to clean up this room." my mother said, sitting me up and handing me cleaning supplies.

As soon as my mother left the room, I tossed the cleaning supplies on the floor and laid back down.

I want Dominique.

I grabbed my phone and went to reread Dominique's and I's old messages. Something I've been doing since we broke up.

I feel like shit.

I haven't seen or talked to Dominique in two weeks. I felt so...empty.

After a little bit of debating, I decided to send Dominique a text. I just miss her so much.

I was more than positive she wouldn't respond because I was more than positive I was blocked. I just wanted to at least feel like I was talking to her one more time.

I sighed to myself while sending the message.

𝐌𝐞: Dominique

I immediately forgot how to breathe when I saw the word Delivered right underneath my message.

You've got to be kidding me...

"I'm bout to off myself." I mumbled to myself, holding down my message. I quickly unsent my message and closed out of all my apps then turned off my phone.

I closed my eyes while praying Dominique didn't see my message. Then I remembered that it shows when someone unsends a message.

The sound of my phone dinging made me forget how to breathe again. I slowly tapped my screen, seeing Dominique had texted me. I hesitantly opened the message.

𝐃𝐨𝐦: Angel

I waited a few seconds to respond. I tried to wait longer but I just couldn't.

𝐌𝐞: Yes?

𝐃𝐨𝐦: You texted me...

𝐌𝐞: Oh yea...hi

𝐃𝐨𝐦: Hi

I smiled a little to myself, although my feelings were lowkey hurt. I was a bit sad to be texting Dominique without the girlfriend title.

I sighed to myself as I went back to text Dominique.

𝐌𝐞: I was thinking bout you

𝐃𝐨𝐦: Obviously

𝐌𝐞: Don't get smart.

𝐃𝐨𝐦: Lmaoo

𝐌𝐞: Wyd? How's Ace??

𝐃𝐨𝐦: Laying down w my little brother. Ace is fine, he's cuddling Dakota.