25.

A Christmas to Remember (2)

Suddenly everyones heads turned at the sound of a slap...

Kyndall had slapped her sister, Khloe.

The two quickly started going at it. Cairo and Chase looked at each other and sighed before walking over to break up the fight between their sisters.

I guess this was common by the way Cairo and Chase had no sense of urgency whatsoever.

It took no time for the two to pull their sisters apart. "You act too damn grown." Kyndall told Khloe. "Well if it isn't the pot calling the kettle black." Khloe responded.

"Shut up. And you broke one of my nails. It's cool. Ima take my present for you back, so I can get my nails done." Kyndall teased.

"Mamá and papá won't let you." Khloe smiled. Kyndall raised her middle finger.

"Y'all acting a little ghetto, not gonna lie." Hazel cringed. "Oh please, like you and Angel didn't go through that huge fighting phase." Kyndall rolled her eyes.

"Right, Angel we ain't forget about you breaking Hazel's ankle." Khloe voiced. "Oh yea..." Hazel slowly turned to me.

Dominique then snapped her head at me.

"Wha- it was an accident." I stated.

"Accident?" Kyndall questioned. "You pushed homegirl down the steps..." Cairo said.

"You what?" Dominique's eyes widened. "Uh- th- that's not exactly how it happened." I nervously stuttered.

"We were by the steps, having a small rustle tussle. Then Hazel pushed me and I almost fell down the steps but I swung us around and maybe, sort of, pushed her a little...and she fell down the steps." I explained.

"And that's an accident?" Kyndall questioned. "I didn't know she was gonna fall down the steps, I swear." I surrendered.

They all stared at me with the same look.

"Oh my god, it was almost four years ago. Can we stop bringing it up?" I sighed in frustration.

"Of course the aggressor wants to stop bringing it up." Hazel spoke. "It's always the assaulter." Khloe shook her head.

"I didn't- I'm not a- you know what, I don't even know how this became about me." I sighed while walking off. I could hear them conversing behind me.

"Wait up lil gremlin." Dominique chuckled, jogging up behind me.

"You know, I don't like you anymore." I said.

"Aw, why not?" Dominique placed her chin on my shoulder as we walked. "Because..." I spoke. "Because what ma?" Dominique asked.

"I don't know, I just don't like you anymore." I moved my shoulder from underneath her chin.

Dominique suddenly walked in front of me and picked me up. My legs naturally wrapped around her waist. One of Dominique's arms were around my waist tightly while the other rest lower.

"Put me down." I demanded, looking down at her.

"Nah cause you're gonna stop treating me like I ain't shit." Dominique said, walking while holding me.