11.

Highs

I knocked on Dominique's door for the third time. Finally I heard someone unlocking it. "Yo." Niya said as she opened the door. "Yo. Where the fuck is Dom?" I questioned.

"Where you think she's at? Her ass on the couch slump." Niya shook her head while gesturing me inside. "Why? It's 3pm and she has a hair appointment at 4pm. She asked me to take her but she about to take her damn self." I stated.

Niya laughed a little at my comment. The both of us walked into the living room and sure enough, Dominique was on the couch knocked out.

"Bro, this woman's always sleep." I shook my head while staring at Dominique. Niya chuckled.

"She still taking her meds?" I asked Niya.

"Man, I don't know what that woman be taking anymore. Probably not. I'm not really concerned though because she's has gotten way better over the years." Niya expressed.

"Basketball really helps. That's why I'm not too concerned." Niya continued. "Yea, she still be a little crazy though." I mumbled.

"That's just Dom." Niya chuckled.

"Anyways, I have some errands to run so I'm gonna finish getting ready. I'll see y'all later." Niya said while walking towards her room.

"Alright, see you." I responded.

I then walked over to Dominique and tapped her shoulder repeatedly until she popped her head up. She opened her eyes and looked around, confused.

"What?" Dominique groaned while laying her head back down on the couch.

"Oh my god Dom! You're late for your hair appointment!" I shouted. Dominique quickly sat up with a very worried look. She then grabbed her phone.

I look of relief came over her face as she checked the time.

"Now if I slap you I'd be wrong, right?" Dominique glared at me. "Woah there. Relax." I chuckled while taking a few steps back from her.

"Come on though. Or you really are gonna be late." I stated. Dominique sighed as she stood up.

My eyes immediately went to the lower half of her body since she wasn't wearing any pants. Only boxers. I stared at her leg sleeve tattoo, per usual.

"Stop being a fruit cup." Dominique said while walking away.

"I just need to put pants on then I'm ready to leave, okay?" Dominique explained while walking into her bedroom. "Yea." I nodded, following her.

"My shit crispy?" Dominique suddenly turned around. "What?" I questioned what she was talking about. "My line up crispy?" Dominique pointed at her hair.

I looked at her thick hair in a tight bun and then her sharp line up.

"Yea Dom, your shit crispy." I hyped her up while dapping her up. "Yuh." she nodded while smiling.

"Got that lineup done. Now I just need to get my shit twisted." Dominique sighed while removing the hair tie from her hair. She shook her head while walking towards one of her dressers.