9.

We Need to Talk...

*Later On That Night*

I was laying down on my couch in the living room, talking on the phone with my dad.

"You know you have more important shit to worry about. Don't be stooping down to peoples level. I taught y'all better than that." my dad spoke.

"I know but, if you knew her personally you would understand. She has her ways, she literally does stuff intentionally." I stated.

"And you're letting her get inside your head. Who is this woman anyways? How did you guys even get to this point?" my father wondered. "Uh...that's not really important." I shrugged.

"Well listen, when I was younger I used to get into it with people over anything, and I mean anything. Someone could look at me and I'm ready to fight. But, I realized it wasn't because of them, it was because of me." my father expressed.

"Being a hothead, you give people too much of your time and energy." he continued.

"Yea, but dad this is different. It's a totally different situation..." I sighed. "Well you're not explaining anything to me, so I can't help you out." he stated.

"Okay fine, the real tea is..." I began explaining the situation to my father, leaving certain details out.

"That's crazy. Me personally, I wouldn't take that." my father chuckled.

"Dad." I firmly said.

"See, when I was younger. I was the one doing the heartbreaking, therefore I'm not as informed about the flip side." he spoke.

"I mean, technically she's right. Y'all aren't together and y'all didn't even set any rules. But then again she's wrong. She can't tell you not to mess around with other women. But why mess with someone else to get back at her instead of expressing yourself?" he continued.

"Honestly, both of y'all sound and look stupid. The entire situation is quite embarrassing." he bluntly said.

"That's rude." I rolled my eyes. "It's the truth." my dad chuckled.

"Do I know her though? Have we met?" he wondered. "Uh, I introduced y'all a while back." I answered. "Alright, I'm gonna figure out who she is." I could sense a smile on his face.

"Anyway, your sister and brother are spending the night with their cousins. Your mom's actually still awake, so I'm gonna go now...don't be surprised if you have a new sibling in nine months." he chuckled.

"Wha- ew, dad I didn't need to know that." I sighed.

"I'll talk to you in the morning. Let me know if anything happens with this mysterious woman who I know but don't know." my dad spoke.

After getting off the phone with my dad, I went into the kitchen. I started to pour myself some juice when my phone started to ring. My eyes widened at the caller ID. Definitely unexpected.

"What?" I sighed with an attitude.

"Come outside. We need to talk." Dominique said.

"You just literally threatened me earlier in practice today and you think I want to come out and talk to you?" I responded.

"Angel, just come outside." Dominique groaned. I took the phone away from my ear and hung up.