43.

Is This The End of Us?

*A Few Weeks Later*

"...and so Dominique, what does Angel do that makes you feel like she's not being truthful?" Dr. Stephens wondered. Angel slowly turned to look at me, waiting for an answer.

Once Angel and I got back together after our small break, we both decided to get support from my therapist...

"I- it's not that I feel like she's not being truthful, I think it's just past trust issues." I sighed.

"So the question is, what has caused these trust issues from the past, to trickle into your current relationship. Because, from my understanding you guys weren't having this problem until recently?" Dr. Stephens spoke.

"Well, there was one time but we moved past it. Or at least, I thought I did." Angel expressed. "Mm." Dr. Stephens nodded, writing something.

"Sounds like you both have communication issues. Both of you need to work on expressing yourself in detail and making sure that there is a full understanding." she then spoke.

Angel and I both nodded a little.

Once our session was done before we knew it. The both of us headed back to Angel's place but of course, Angel was heading right back out.

Angel had work once again and I was honestly starting to feel like she was intentionally working a lot. Almost to avoid me...

I watched as Angel scrambled around her place, getting ready. I debated with myself, if I should bring up my feelings about her working or just wait until she gets off. But then, Angel's usually tired by time come backs.

"Um Angel, can I talk to you for a moment?" I finally spoke. "Yea, I mean if you can make it quick. I have to leave for work in a sec." Angel responded.

"That's why I said moment..." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. Angel gave me a side eye while walking passed me.

"Why do you work so much?" I then asked. "What type of question is that?" Angel chuckled a little, walking back passed me.

"I feel like you're always at work. When you're not in class, you're at work. And sometimes, I feel like it's because you're avoiding me. Well, avoiding us." I expressed.

"If I was avoiding us, I wouldn't allow you to be in my apartment all hours of the day. You practically live here. How is that avoiding us?" Angel questioned.

"I'm not talking about that right now. I'm talking about you working all the time." I specified.

"I work to get paid. So I can feel financially free and not like I barely have money to do shit with my life. Is that cool?" Angel sighed.

"See, you're getting smart." I walked away, towards the bedroom. "Wha- I'm not getting smart. How am I getting smart bae?" Angel quickly followed me.

"Is that cool? Like that was so uncalled for." I stated. "I just think you're being sensitive." Angel spoke, standing at the edge of the bed.

I just stared at her for a moment.

"Yea, I'm just a sensitive spoiled brat, that's wrong for wanting to spend more time with her girlfriend." I slowly nodded. "Oh my god..." Angel groaned into her palms.