First Classes, Beginning of Friendships

This is meant to sound a little childish. I promise it will make sense in the course of the story

(...)

Cassi as soon as she woke up, she felt the familiar presence of her pet snake next to her. The serpent, a young and charming boa constrictor constrictor.

Seraphina was a special snake, not only because she was magical but also because of her species itself. Her skin was shiny and scaly, with a distinctive pattern in shades of emerald green and yellow. Her eyes, filled with intelligence and mystery, seemed to always be attentively observing the world around her.

Even at a young age, the she demonstrated an innate ability to communicate with snakes, something that ran in her blood since the times of Salazar Slytherin, passing down the rare Parselmouth gift to select descendants.

Although Seraphina's presence as a familiar was uncommon within the Hogwarts school environment, Cassi was grateful to have convinced the deputy headmistress, Minerva McGonagall, to allow the snake to accompany her, which was not easy and required her secret weapon: puppy dog eyes and a pouty face.

She approached Seraphina, smiling affectionately as she gently stroked the snake's scales.

"I'm a little undecided about what to wear today. Can you help me?"

With a nod from the snake, the girl jumped out of bed to get ready for the day.

(...)

After bidding farewell to Seraphina with a smile on her face, Cassiopeia met up with her new friend, Pansy Parkinson. Together, they walked cheerfully toward the Great Hall, where they would join the other students for breakfast.

As they made their way to the Great Hall, Cassiopeia and Pansy exchanged whispered conversations, commenting on recent events at Hogwarts. Cassiopeia was eager to explore the castle corridors and, most importantly, attend her first classes.

Upon reaching the Great Hall, the delicious aroma of fresh food and the bustling of students filled the air. Cassi and Pansy found a place at the Slytherin table, where they joined their housemates.

Owls flew through the skies of Hogwarts, delivering mail with precision and agility

Owls flew through the skies of Hogwarts, delivering mail with precision and agility. The students watched in awe as the birds moved in flocks, diving and flying in perfect synchrony. Letters and packages were delivered accurately, bringing news from distant family and friends.

However, something unexpected happened. While everyone was awaiting the arrival of the owls, a majestic figure descended from the sky and landed directly on the Slytherin table. It was a Brazilian Harpy Eagle, with magnificent feathers in shades of gold and brown, broad wings, and a penetrating gaze.

The students were astonished and surprised by the grandeur of the creature. Cassiopeia, on the other hand, smiled tenderly as the Harpy approached her, carrying a package and several letters. She gently stroked the bird's feathers, marveling at its presence.