A chance

Cassiopeia was facing difficulties at the Ministry. The atmosphere had become densely charged with violence, and the corridors echoed with the disturbing sound of men, women, and Muggle-born children being dragged by them.

It was extremely challenging to free everyone she could, and she was almost captured on several occasions. However, she lived up to the title of the brightest witch of her age, shared with Hermione. No one knew it was her, and soon the rumor of a saving princess spread throughout London. The nickname quickly spread, much of it due to Potter's Observatory.

(...)

She visited Gaunt Manor in search of Noctua; it had been a long time since she saw her mother and she decided to completely ignore the order to stay away from her house. When she was about to search the library, she heard screams coming from the dungeon. It was Luna's voice, and in panic, she ran towards the noise. There was Luna, imprisoned in a cell, and Mr. Ollivander, the owner of the wand shop, also shared the prison.

"By Merlin's beard," Cassiopeia exclaimed as she approached, her voice ecoing on the walls. "Luna? Luna, are you alright?"

The girl tilted her head at the sound of the familiar voice, and the dreamy look that always danced in her eyes was now obscured by a shadow of sadness. "Oh, Cassiopeia," she greeted with hope, lips slightly parted. "They dragged me off the train when I was on my way home," she suddenly said, a hint of discouragement in her words. "And there's no pudding here."

"I'll get you out of here," Cassi sighed, examining the cell's bars. She needed to free Luna, but how could she do that with the mansion infested by Death Eaters?

"It's not possible, dear. We've tried everything," said Mr. Ollivander, emerging from the shadows with a resigned calmness.

Before she could fully process her options, Noctua quickly descended the stairs, a skillfully balanced tray in her hands, with Tinky following her with some blankets.

"Darling?" she inquired, surprise coloring her voice as she came to an abrupt halt in her path.

"Enough with the 'darling,' mother. What the hell does that mean?" Cassiopeia asked in exasperation.

"You-Know-Who wants her to punish Xenophilius for publishing articles not approved by the Ministry and against him," Noctua explained quickly.

"And Ollivander... Has something to do with forcing him to reveal about the Elder Wand and join the ranks."

The voice of the old gentleman echoed from behind the bars: "I won't do it," he said firmly. "That scoundrel tortured me to extract what I knew! I didn't want to."

"I know, and believe me, it's been incredibly difficult to keep you alive," Noctua huffed as she adjusted the tray in her hands.

"I brought food and... pudding," she said more gently, looking at Luna.

The girl suddenly seemed excited.

"Pudding?" she asked hopefully.

Noctua nodded with a smile as she slid the tray into the cell.

"Thank you very much, ma'am," Luna smiled gratefully.

"You can call me Noctua, dear. I was a friend of your mother's."

Luna simply nodded before focusing on the chocolate pudding.

"The blankets, Mistress Noctua," Tinky raised his little hands to hand over the objects.

"Thank you, dear," Noctua smiled gently at the elf as she took the blankets and placed them between the bars towards the separate beds on opposite sides.