Final Tasks

Day of the final task

Excited voices and the noise of the footsteps of hundreds of students filling their seats

Excited voices and the noise of the footsteps of hundreds of students filling their seats. The sky had turned a deep and clear blue, and the first stars were beginning to appear. The Hufflepuff students carried posters and flags to support Cedric, while the Gryffindors had the lion house flags.

The professors were talking to the champions, and Cassi blew a kiss in the air to Fleur. They had decided to be better off as friends, but they couldn't help but feel a certain... fondness.

Dumbledore then pointed his wand to his throat and murmured "Sonorus," and his amplified voice echoed through the stands.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind everyone of the current score! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each, we have Mr. Cedric and Mr. Harry Potter, both from Hogwarts School!"

The cheers and applause made the birds fly out of the Forbidden Forest towards the twilight sky.

"In second place, with eighty points, we have Mr. Viktor Krum from Durmstrang Institute!" More applause. "And in third place, Miss Fleur Delacour from Beauxbatons Academy!" More people applauded.

"So... when I blow the whistle, Harry and Cedric!" announced Bagman. "Three, two, one..." The wizard blew the whistle forcefully, and Harry and Cedric ran towards the entrance of the immense maze.

(...)

Cassi, who was next to Minerva and Snape, asked for permission to join her Gryffindor friends. It was getting dark when a red signal was seen in the sky. Something was wrong.

The mazes began to change, and soon a team went in search. Fleur was injured, and Cassi smelled blood when she was taken out of the maze. She ran to her, ignoring Minerva's shouts in her ears.

"What happened? Where does it hurt?" Cassi asked alarmed, moving aside so Madame Pomfrey could work in peace.

"Help me sit over there," called Pomfrey, and Cassi promptly helped. Then, another 30 minutes passed when Harry appeared. Cheers were heard, and people were celebrating. But then Cassi noticed, Fleur, who was next to her, also seemed shaken.

 But then Cassi noticed, Fleur, who was next to her, also seemed shaken