Death Eater

I'm running late, I'm aware. I've been immersed in writing the final battle, and I must admit it's been quite an effort. However, I'm looking forward to sharing the outcome with you all and hope you'll enjoy it when you have the chance to read.

(...)

The days that followed were laden with anguish. She endeavored to establish contact with the other members of the Order, but only managed to connect with Minerva, Tonks, and Andromeda.

Tonks, surprisingly, was engaged to Lupin. That's what had been haunting the metamorphmagus lately. Lupin was grappling with uncertainties, tormented by doubts about his suitability for her - too old, meager means, an outcast in wizarding society. While the fears were legitimate, the issue of age made Cassiopeia roll her eyes, nearly reaching the point of dizziness.

However, the prospect of attending her friends' wedding was uncertain. It would be an intimate affair, much like her parents'. She sent gifts and notes through the faithful messenger, Kreacher, extending her well-wishes.

Minerva entrusted Seraphina and Morgus to Cassie, along with their belongings, using Kreacher's services as the loyal intermediary between her and the others.

She also dedicated extensive hours to training, both with Draco and the influx of new Death Eaters. Bellatrix assumed the role of mentor, guiding them with her expertise.

Despite Cassi's efforts to dismiss it, her irresistible attraction to the woman grew each day. She could no longer deny that the connection extended just as strongly to the other two Black sisters.

(...)

As days unfolded, a mysterious wave of deaths struck some Death Eaters. Strangely, they would lose their ability to speak before collapsing, inert, onto the ground, seized by inexplicable convulsions. The cause of this mortality remained an unsolvable enigma. Clues pointed to something unrelated to magic, leaving a trail of bewilderment and fear. This dark phenomenon came to be named as the "Devastating Shadow."

Paradoxically, Voldemort's ranks of followers swelled each day, in sync with the mysterious fatalities. The Dark Lord, as ruthless as ever, employed torture as a method of coercion, forcing individuals to join his ranks. He inflicted pain upon people, a threat that demanded their allegiance. Those who dared to refuse would meet their demise.

Cassiopeia rarely managed to slip away. The vigilant eyes of the Death Eaters seemed perpetually upon her. However, she found brief, furtive moments to rendezvous with Tonks. By then, the young woman carried the secret of a few months' pregnancy. The mere idea filled Cassi with euphoria, prompting a compulsion to shower the unborn child with gifts. She secretly dispatched enough decorations to fill an entire room.

Narcissa, too, shared in the excitement, despite her silent distaste for Lupin due to his lycanthropy. She quickly immersed herself in crafting baby clothes and shoes. Observing her dedication to something so simple yet profoundly meaningful was truly heartwarming. The shoes she fashioned were sheer perfection, a reflection of the excellence that pervaded all of Narcissa's endeavors. They were delicate, silver, and green, almost as if a fairy had woven them.

Upon discovering that her niece was involved with a werewolf, Bellatrix was consumed by anger. In contrast, Andromeda celebrated the prospect of becoming a grandmother and found joy in the future grandson who awaited. Though begrudgingly, Bellatrix found herself compelled to remain silent in the face of her sister's happiness.

(...)

)