The philosophical Stone

"You mean, You-Know-Who is out there right now in the forest?" Hermione asks in panic.

"Voldemort, you can say it Hermione," Cassi says while adjusting uncomfortably in her armchair.

"You say it so calmly because he's your relative," Ron retorts arrogantly, which offends Cassiopeia.

"Oh, don't come at me with that, Ron Weasley. I'd rather not be reminded of it every single moment, thank you," Cassi replies.

Harry smiles at his friend in solidarity. "But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns," Cassi says, nervously fidgeting her fingers.

"Don't you see? We had it wrong," Harry says, pacing back and forth.

"Snape doesn't want the stone for himself. He wants the stone for Voldemort," Harry concludes as if it were a fact.

"Now Harry, I agree that Voldemort wants the stone, but why are you unfairly accusing Snape?!" Cassiopeia asks, irritated by the accusation made against her mentor.

"Snape's been trying to hurt Potter," Hermione says.

"He's the one who released the Troll on Halloween," Ron says.

"And Hermione saw him muttering a spell during the Quidditch match to make me fall off my broom," Harry adds.

Cassiopeia looks at the three of them as if they were idiots. "How can you accuse someone without evidence? This is very serious," the girl breathes, trying to calm herself down.

"Harry, I observed Snape during the Quidditch match. I'm excellent at reading lips, believe me!" Cassi points to her right ear. "I lost hearing in my ear as a child. I was too close to out-of-control fireworks that injured me," Cassi reveals, surprising the three.

"Snape was casting some counter-spell, he was trying to prevent someone from harming you, not causing your injuries."

"But what about the Troll?" Ron questions, still suspicious.

"I can't explain that. But it's unfair to accuse him just because he's grumpy," Cassi sits back down.

"If Voldemort comes back, you don't think he'll try to kill you, do you?" Ron suddenly asks anxiously.

"I think if he'd had the chance, he might have tried to kill me tonight," Harry says, looking at Cassiopeia, remembering how she stood in front of him to protect him.

"And to think, I've been worrying about my potions final," Ron swallows nervously.

"Hang on a minute. We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared?" Hermione asks.

"Dumbledore. As long as Dumbledore is around, Harry, you're safe," Hermione concludes, reassuring Harry.

Cassiopeia wrinkles her nose. If it were up to Dumblefuck, they would be dead instead. But she chose not to point that out.

She didn't fully trust the headmaster.

⁀➷