Family

Cassiopeia had just stepped out of her room when the Weasley twins ran past.

"Stop! Stop running in the corridors!" she shouted in annoyance.

That was when a girl with colorful hair tumbled to the ground after tripping over the umbrella stand.

"And who might you be?" Cassi asked, raising an eyebrow, finding the scene quite amusing.

"Tonks," the girl smiled and winked at her as she got up. "I believe we're cousins," she clapped her hands, now very excited.

Cassi raised an eyebrow. "Cassiopeia," she extended her hand, but the girl simply ignored it and gave her a big hug.

"I've always wanted a cousin," she said excitedly, and Cassi couldn't help but laugh.
But then the girl's hair changed color, and Cassiopeia couldn't be more shocked.

"You're a Metamorphmagus?" she asked, fascinated.

"Yes... It's quite common in our family, you know," Tonks tried to play it off, cheeks flushed.

"Nonsense, that's amazing," Cassi quickly dismissed.

"I'm off to fetch Potter now," Tonks explained as they started walking, but she tripped over her own feet.

Cassi stifled her laughter.

"Do you want to come along?"

Before Cassiopeia could respond, Sirius appeared behind her.

"No way, Tonks. She'll stay here where my eyes can see her," Sirius said, placing his hands on Cassiopeia's shoulders.

"And can those old dog eyes see properly?" Cassi teased, and Sirius growled at her.

In the background, Kreacher could be heard laughing to himself. "Kreacher likes the young mistress, Kreacher thinks Mistress Cassiopeia very amusing."

Tonks suddenly laughed at Sirius while pointing her finger at him.

The man huffed irritably and walked away muttering something like "My family never respects me, and that crazy elf..."

Cassi just laughed at her uncle.

Hermione was staying at Grimmauld Place as well. Cassi made sure to make her feel as comfortable as possible, despite Walburga shouting about blood traitors and mudbloods in her house and begging Cassi to kick her out.

Cassi pretended to be oblivious and led Hermione to another room. Sirius tried to remove the portrait from the wall, but apparently, his grandmother had been clever and permanently fixed it.

He asked to cover the portrait with a curtain because every time he passed by, Walburga would scream at him, insulting him with every possible name. She would only stay silent and behave in Cassiopeia's presence.

⁀➷,

When Tonks returned, she didn't see Harry. She was sitting with the other Order members, waiting for the meeting.

"He nearly killed Harry," Sirius growled.
"Yes, but protecting you-know-who is our top priority," Minerva argued.

"We have to trust Dumbledore!" Mr. Weasley slammed his hand on the table.

Cassi rolled her eyes; she particularly didn't trust him much.

"Did he manage to protect Harry last year? We have to take action!" Sirius commented irritably.

But then everyone fell silent as Harry arrived.
She stared at her nails while Molly Weasley seemed grumpy that Cassi was there. But there was nothing she could do because deep down, she was somewhat afraid of Cassiopeia.
Tonks sat beside her, animated.