APPARITION CLASSES

The day to return to Hogwarts wasn't an easy one. In the late afternoon, a few days after New Year's, Cassiopeia and Draco stood by the living room fireplace to travel back to Hogwarts.

The Ministry had arranged this connection to the Floo Network so that students could travel to the school quickly and safely. Noctua could barely see Cassi, as she was busy trying to keep her away from Voldemort. Bellatrix was occupied as well, which was a great relief.

But Narcissa... Recently, it took the slightest thing to bring her to tears; she was under immense stress and consumed by fear for Draco's discovery or any harm befalling Cassi.

"Forgive me, my dear, I'm so sorry," Narcissa wept as she tightly embraced Draco.

"It's not something that was within your control, Mother," he hugged her back, attempting to comfort her while seeking solace himself.

"Promise me you'll take care... don't do anything reckless..." Draco was implored by his mother as she held him tightly.

"I promise, Mother. Just don't ask the same of her, she's friends with Potter," Draco sighed, accusingly pointing a finger at Cassi.

"Save it," Cassiopeia huffed irritably, but then calmed as Narcissa pulled her into an embrace.

"Look after him for me?" Narcissa whispered softly in her ear.

"Always," Cassi replied, squeezing her tightly. "Wish me luck?"

Narcissa chuckled tearfully and pulled away. "A kiss of good luck," she smiled gently, pressing their lips together.

Cassie stepped into the emerald-green flames and shouted, "Hogwarts!" She had one last fleeting glimpse of Narcissa silently mouthing 'I love you' with tear-streaked cheeks before being engulfed by the flames. Whirling rapidly, she caught blurred glimpses of other wizards' rooms that disappeared from sight before she could see them properly; finally, she slowed and came to a stop, aligned with the fireplace in Minerva's office.

Minerva raised her eyes from her newspaper as Cassiopeia emerged from the fireplace. "Good evening, kitten," Minerva beamed at her.

"Good evening, Aunt Minnie," Cassiopeia sighed, checking her appearance before going in for a hug from her godmother.

She had just pulled away when Draco emerged, looking elegant. "Good evening, Malfoy," Minerva greeted while still reading the newspaper.

"Good evening, Professor," Draco courteously greeted before following Cassi out.

The two headed towards the dungeons to the Slytherin common room. "Pure Blood," Draco said to the portrait, and the hidden door to the dungeon opened.

...

The new term began the next morning with a pleasant surprise for the sixth year - a large notice had been posted overnight on the common room notice board.

APPARITION CLASSES

If you are seventeen years old, or will turn seventeen by August 31st, you can sign up for a twelve-week Apparition course with an instructor from the Ministry of Magic. If you want to participate, please sign below.

Cost: 12 Galleons

Cassie and Draco joined the crowd that was jostling around the notice, taking turns signing up at the indicated spot. Pansy grabbed the quill to sign next, followed by Cassie, then Daphne Greenglass, Draco, and finally Daphne's sister, Astoria.

She was a beautiful girl with dark hair and stunning blue eyes. She stared at Draco for a few moments as if mesmerized. Draco wasn't much different.

"Hmm, so the ferret has more than one crush," Cassi thought playfully. Pansy, however, didn't seem to like it and pulled Draco away from Astoria.