Commitment Ring

Cassiopeia was sitting in the living room in front of the fireplace. Narcissa was beside her, lazily playing with her hair while reading a rather obscene romance novel. They were her favorites. Occasionally, she would offer a piece of chocolate to Cassiopeia.

It had become quite a routine for them to spend afternoons in the library, reading quietly while enjoying each other's company.

Draco was sitting closer to the fireplace, his face buried in a book about dark artifacts. He had developed a special taste for collecting such artifacts, but at that moment, he seemed to be searching for something specific.

The silence was interrupted when Kreacher and Winky appeared at the same time, each holding a letter. Narcissa sat up straight in her chair. "Is that...?" she asked curiously, with a smile on her face.

"The exam results," Cassiopeia confirmed, seeing the Hogwarts crest on the envelope.

"Thank you, Kreacher, Winky," Narcissa smiled at the house-elves.

Draco's hands were trembling so much that he almost dropped his own letter. Cassi unfolded the parchment inside.

ORDINARY WIZARDING LEVEL RESULTS

Passing Grades:

Outstanding (O)
Exceeds Expectations (E)
Acceptable (A)

Failing Grades:

Poor (P)
Dreadful (D)
Troll (T)

RESULTS ACHIEVED BY CASSIOPEIA GAUNT

Ancient Runes: (O)
Arithmancy: (O)
Astronomy: (O)
Care of Magical Creatures: (O)
Charms: (O)
Defence Against the Dark Arts: (O)
Divination: (O)
Herbology: (O)
History of Magic: (O)
Muggle Studies: (O)
Potions: (O)
Transfiguration: (O)

Cassiopeia read the parchment several times, starting to breathe a sigh of relief.

"Well?" asked Narcissa calmly, leaning her head on her shoulder from behind to see the parchment.

Cassi glanced to see her reaction, and the woman's jaw was so dropped that she could have caught a Golden Snitch in her mouth. She also nearly spilled her tea from her cup.

"Close your mouth, love" Cassi teased with a chuckle, and she seemed to snap out of her daze.

"May I?" she asked, reaching out to take a closer look at the parchment.

She read and reread the parchment numerous times. Then she lowered it onto her lap, in shock.

"You're brilliant," she gasped with a wide smile. "By Salazar's snakes!" She tangled her hands in Cassiopeia's hair and tilted her head back, giving her full access to her mouth. Cassi moaned at the touch of her tongue. She tasted like cherry tea and chocolate. One of her hands trailed to Cassiopeia's neck, encouraging her to come closer.

"Urghhh!" Draco groaned in disgust. "Get a room!" he shouted, absolutely horrified.

"Actually, that's a great idea, sweetheart" Narcissa teased against Cassiopeia's neck, making her laugh. "And what about your Dragon?" she asked cheerfully, reaching out to take Draco's parchment.

He smiled as he handed it over. Narcissa looked critically at the results and beamed with pride. "Well done, Draco!" she praised. "I'm proud of you, my dear," she said, walking over to her son to give him a hug. That seemed to cheer him up.