Second year

On the first day of arrival at Hogwarts, Harry and Ron had already gotten themselves into a tremendous mess. It seems that Ron had the brilliant idea of taking his father's flying car, and to make matters worse, they were spotted by Muggles right in the center of London. It was pure luck that the boys weren't expelled from school, or worse, ended up dead when they crashed into the Whomping Willow.
As always, Mione informed Cassi that Minerva was extremely furious and punished them with detention once again. It seems that the boys never learn.

The morning's first class took place in the Greenhouse. Cassi and Pansy excitedly went together to the class, exchanging gossip and planning their next mischiefs. On the way, they spotted Gilderoy Lockhart, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, who was already causing a stir with his radiant smile and dashing pose.

"Ah, hello everyone! I've just assisted Professor Sprout in properly tending to the Whomping Willow. But don't think for a moment that I'm better than her in Herbology! By chance, I've come across several of these exotic plants in my incredible travels," proclaimed Lockhart, displaying a forced smile that seemed more fake than a blast-ended skrewt.

The contrast between him and Professor Sprout was stark. While Lockhart flaunted immaculate clothes, the professor was covered in dirt, and her nails alone would be enough to make Nocturna, Cassiopeia's mother, faint in horror.

"I can see who actually got their hands dirty," whispered Pansy amusingly, eliciting a laugh from Cassi.

The Greenhouse, where the class was about to begin, was a feast for the eyes. It was a vast glass space, filled with magical plants of all kinds. Umbrella-sized flowers, displaying vibrant colors, filled the surroundings, creating a magical and enchanting atmosphere.

"Good morning, everyone!" Madame Sprout called, smiling sweetly at the class.
Professor Sprout was dressed in yellow robes, representing her house, Hufflepuff, and her pointed hat completed the look. When no one responded immediately, she raised her voice to grab everyone's attention.

"Good morning, everyone!"

Everyone straightened up and said in unison, "Good morning, Professor Sprout."

"Welcome to the greenhouse! Second years," the professor announced.
"Gather around, now, everyone," she requested.

The class was divided between Gryffindor, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff.

"Today, we are going to learn about Mandrakes," Professor Sprout continued.

"Now, who can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?" she questioned.

Cassiopeia eagerly raised her hand. She was talented in Herbology, as it was one of the main subjects at Castelo Bruxo. Hermione seemed like she was about to raise her hand, but Cassi was quicker.

"Yes, Mrs. Gaunt?"

"Mandrakes, or Mandragora, are used to return those who have been petrified to their original state," Cassi said eagerly.

Hermione raised her hand so quickly that she nearly hit Harry's glasses.

"Mrs. Granger," the professor acknowledged.

"It's also quite dangerous. Mandrake cries are fatal to anyone who hears them," Mione said with a smile.

"Excellent, 10 points to Slytherin and Gryffindor."

"Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet. But they will knock you out for several hours. That's why I gave each of you a pair of earmuffs for your protection."

Everyone looked attentively at the earmuffs.

"So, could you please put them on right away, quickly?" Everyone obeyed and put on the earmuffs.