Animagus Family

Snape entered the classroom in brisk steps, closing all the windows in his path with a flick of his wand. His stern gaze scanned the class, emanating an aura of authority and mystery. Somewhat dramatic, Cassi thought, Snape was one of her favorite teachers despite his intimidating personality.

 Somewhat dramatic, Cassi thought, Snape was one of her favorite teachers despite his intimidating personality

"Turn to page 394," the professor said monotonously, his voice echoing through the silence of the room. The students flipped the pages of their books, puzzled. Cassi noticed that the page was about Werewolves, one of the last topics of the year. Snape probably chose that page to ensure it wasn't something Lupin had already covered.

But the young witch had already devoured the entire book in her eager readings. She easily absorbed knowledge and possessed an impressive eidetic memory.

"Excuse me, professor. Where is Professor Lupin?" Harry asked, quite confused by the sudden change of teachers.

"Is that any of your concern, Potter?" Snape retorted acidly. "Just know that the professor is indisposed to teach at the moment."

As Snape continued with his lesson, Hermione raised her hand and inquired, "But sir, we've only just started learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. Shouldn't we cover nocturnal creatures later on?" Hermione questioned, confused.

"Silence," Snape silenced her.

"Which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a Werewolf?" the professor asked as he made his way to the front of the class.

Hermione and Cassiopeia immediately raised their hands.

"No one? What a disappointment," He said, visibly bored, still with his back to the class.
Until he noticed Cassi in the corner of the room, Snape tilted his head in her direction, ignoring Hermione, as always, and favoring Slytherin.

"An Animagus differs from a Transfigured wizard, like a Werewolf, in several aspects," Cassi began, feeling the gaze of her classmates upon her. "An Animagus retains human consciousness during the transformation, able to reason like a human being. On the other hand, Werewolves transform into full animals, losing all awareness of having been wizards and potentially harming someone they care about without any control over their actions. The process of becoming an Animagus is a conscious choice that requires effort and dedication, while the ways of becoming a Werewolf are varied, such as the gift of shape-shifting or being bitten by a Werewolf, resulting in the loss of free will."

There was a brief silence in the room before Snape broke the moment by raising a slight smile on his lips, shocking many.

"Thank you, Mrs. Gaunt. Ten points to Slytherin," He looked around ignoring the shocked looks.

Hermione appeared extremely embarrassed, her face crimson red. She knew that if she had answered the question, she wouldn't receive any points. Cassi felt a twinge of guilt for standing out in front of her friend, but she knew she couldn't control the professor's reaction.