Wesley is our King

On the next day, Cassiopeia and Hermione spent the entire afternoon in the library researching ways to adapt a means of communicating the day and time of the next meeting to all members, in case they needed to change them at a moment's notice. It would be suspicious if students from different houses were frequently seen crossing the Great Hall to talk to each other.

"Do you know the Death Eaters' mark?" Cassi asked suddenly.

Hermione only blinked, then chuckled cheerfully. "That would be so ironic."

They found a communication spell, known as the Prometheus Charm, which would allow discreet transmission of messages. Though it was a rather complex magic, they managed to master it with great ease.

However, a problem arose between the two when they needed to decide on the object to be enchanted to serve as a means of communication. Hermione ended up winning the dispute, much to Cassiopeia's disappointment.

The group meetings were going very well. Neville managed to disarm Hermione, Colin mastered the Impediment Jinx after three consecutive meetings of effort, and Parvati executed a Reducing Spell so perfectly that it reduced the table with the Sneakoscopes to dust.

It was becoming challenging to consolidate this secret, with the O.W.L. exams, the practices of three Quidditch teams, and her role as the Slytherin prefect. But she managed to handle everything.

[...]

"Do you see the numbers on the edge of the coins?" Hermione asked.

Cassi raised one to show. The coin gleamed large and yellow in the torchlight.

"In genuine Galleons, this is just the serial number referring to the goblin who minted the coin. But in the counterfeit coins, the numbers will be changed to indicate the day and time of the next meeting. The coins will grow warm when the date changes, so if you carry them in your pocket, you'll feel it. Each of you will take one, and when Harry changes the numbers on his coin, because we used the Prometheus Charm, they'll all change to match his." Cassi explained, demonstrating.

A complete silence greeted her words, and Hermione looked disappointed at the faces that stared at them.

"Well... we thought it was a good idea," she said hesitantly, playing with the basket of coins in her hand. "I mean, even if Umbridge makes us turn out our pockets, there's nothing suspicious about carrying a Galleon, right? But... well, if you don't want to use the coins..."

"Do you know how to cast a Protean Charm?" Terence Boot asked, looking impressed.

"Yes," they both replied in unison.

"But that's N.E.W.T.-level magic," he commented, unconvinced.

"Ah," replied Hermione, trying to seem modest. But Cassiopeia was anything but modest.

"It is, and now grab those damn coins because we're here like two idiots collecting gold for charity," she said impatiently.

"How come you two aren't in Ravenclaw?" Boot asked Hermione.

"Well, the Sorting Hat seriously considered putting me in Ravenclaw," explained Hermione cheerfully. "But it ended up choosing Gryffindor. So, does that mean we'll use the Galleons?"

There was a murmur of agreement, and everyone stepped forward to grab a coin from the basket. Harry looked at the two.

"Do these remind you of...?" Harry began, but Cassi confirmed, cutting him off.

"The Death Eaters' scars. Voldemort touches one of them, and they all burn, and his followers know they must gather with him," said Cassi, and all eyes fixed on her.