Prophecy

They were finally descending, and Cassie let out a surprised scream as the creature swooped downwards. Now, bright orange lights were growing larger and rounder on all sides; they could see the tops of buildings, chains of headlights resembling insect eyes.

She clung to the Thestral with her last bit of strength, bracing for a sudden impact, but the creature landed on the dark ground with the lightness of a shadow, and she slipped off its back, peering around the street. The overflowing dumpster remained a short distance from the vandalized telephone booth, both neglected under the uniform orange glow of the street lamps.

Ron landed a bit ahead and immediately fell off the Thestral onto the pavement. "Never again," he said, struggling to get up. He tried to move away from the creature but, unable to see it, collided with something and almost fell again. "Never, never again... It was the worst..." he grumbled.

Hermione and Ginny dismounted on each side, both sliding off the creature a bit more gracefully than Ron, although with similar expressions of relief at being back on solid ground. Neville jumped down, trembling, and Luna dismounted gently, just like Harry.

"So, where are we going now?" Luna asked casually.

(...)

They hurried towards a telephone booth, squeezing together inside. "The Ministry of Magic wishes you a pleasant evening," said the female voice.

The door of the telephone booth swung open, and Cassie stumbled out, followed by Harry, Neville, and Luna. The only sound in the Atrium was the continuous flow of water in the golden fountain, pouring from the wands of the witch and wizard, the centaur's arrow, the goblin's hat, and the house-elves' ears into the surrounding tank.

"Let's go," Harry whispered, and the seven of them rushed through the hall, with Harry in the lead. They passed by the fountain and headed towards the table where the wizard guard, who had weighed Cassie's wand when she registered as an Animagus, was now absent.

They crossed the golden gates towards the lift. Harry pressed the nearest down button, and an elevator appeared almost immediately with a deafening noise. The golden gates opened, producing a loud metallic echo, and they boarded quickly. Harry pressed the button for the ninth floor, and the gates closed with a bang, and the elevator began to descend, swaying noisily.

"Department of Mysteries," announced the elevator's voice, and the gates opened. They stepped out into the corridor, exploring through the doors.

"In my dream, I went through that dark room, and then another. I think we should go back and try again from there," Harry pointed out. So, they quickly returned to the dark and circular room.

"Wait!" Hermione said energetically as Luna moved to close the door of the Brain Room behind them. "Flagrate!" She drew a symbol in the air with her wand, and a flaming X appeared on the door. Just as the door snapped shut with a click, there was a loud noise, and once again, the wall began to spin rapidly. But now, there was a red and gold blur in the middle of the pale blue, and when everything stopped, the fiery cross was still burning, indicating the door they had already tried.

 But now, there was a red and gold blur in the middle of the pale blue, and when everything stopped, the fiery cross was still burning, indicating the door they had already tried