Forth Year

She was engrossed in reading her newspaper when a very irritated Draco stormed into her compartment.

"You're the most difficult person I've ever had the pleasure of meet!" Draco exclaimed as he sat down

"I'm a Black, dear cousin, what did you expect?" Cassi replied as she folded the newspaper.

"My mother nearly tore my head off when she found out that instead of running away, you came back. For none other than Potter!" Draco huffed exasperatedly.

"I still don't understand the protection your mother has over me," Cassi sighed, growing frustrated with all the mystery surrounding Narcissa. The woman was in her dreams, and to her resignation, also in her thoughts.

"She likes you," Draco simply said. "Look, I can't explain it, but my mother cares, and so do I."

Cassiopeia sighed again, reflecting on the situation.

"I don't seek out danger, Draco. It seems that danger seeks me out." She tried to joke, flashing a mischievous smile, and Draco couldn't help but laugh.

"You're kidding? You're a true trouble magnet, worse than Potter," Draco teased, receiving a smack with the newspaper in response.

"No one attracts more trouble than Harry Potter," she retorted, keeping a playful tone in her voice.

Hogwarts

Cassi was sitting at the Slytherin table, awaiting the arrival of the first-years for the Sorting Hat ceremony.
Pansy was playing with her hair as usual, the girl seemed to have some kind of obsession with her friend's curls.

"I guess they still haven't found us a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher," she commented, pointing to the empty seat.

"Seems like no one stays in the position," Draco grumbled.

"As long as they don't bring us a vampire this year," Cassi joked, making Pansy giggle.

Dumbledore stood up to make an announcement.
"Now that we are all seated and comfortable, I would like to say something. This castle will not only be your home this year but also the home to some very special guests. Hogwarts has been chosen -"

Dumbledore was interrupted by the caretaker who was running towards him in a flustered manner and stopped to communicate something in his ear.

"Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard Tournament!"
Sighs were heard throughout the tables.
Draco, being the natural gossipmonger, had already spread the news among the Slytherins. The perks of having a father working at the Ministry.

"For those who don't know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical tasks. From each school, a single student is chosen to compete. Let me be clear. If chosen, you will be on your own.
"And believe me when I say, this tournament is not for the faint of heart," Dumbledore said slowly.