Teddy

This one and the following chapter are a bit dull before things get interesting. I was in a low creativity flow 💅🏻

(...)

The sun rays, gently poking through her eyelids, were what finally pulled Cassiopeia from the depths of slumber. A sensation of warmth enveloped her body, her limbs heavy and numb as if she had been subjected to some sort of numbing spell. Someone was holding her hand by the bedside, and as she focused her vision, she noticed the tangle of dark curls spread out nearby.

"Bella?" Cassiopeia's voice emerged in a hoarse and trembling whisper.

She attempted to wiggle her toes first. They tingled painfully but obeyed, and the same followed for her hands.

When she could finally look to her side, she noticed a mess of dark curls.

"Bella?" Cassiopeia repeated softly, her voice faltering.

Bellatrix snapped her head up abruptly, surprised, and upon locking eyes with Cassiopeia, a sigh of relief escaped her lips.

"You're awake!" A wide smile spread across her face as she drew closer, planting affectionate kisses on Cassiopeia's cheek.

Cassiopeia chuckled, which seemed like a mistake as her body was still numb and a sharp ache shot through her.

But none of it mattered. Bella was looking at her intently, a hand caressing her cheek before leaning in to kiss her lips.

It was so gentle. She had expected anything but this for her first kiss with the witch. Bellatrix's lips tingled against hers. The older witch's magic flowed through her like a soothing balm, instantly alleviating the pain.

"I thought we'd lost you," Bella whispered softly, trying to hide the tears that had welled up, as if she were ashamed to show emotions.

"I don't plan on dying anytime soon, thank you," Cassiopeia quipped sarcastically, and the witch shot her a stern look.

"Never scare me like that again," she scolded, pointing a finger at Cassiopeia's face. "Cissy! CISSY! NARCISSA! BLONDIE!" Bella shouted.

The door burst open with such force that the wall trembled. Cassi flinched slightly in fright.

"What's going on? Is she okay? What happened?" Narcissa fired a barrage of questions as she stormed through the door like a hurricane.

"Morning" Cassiopeia managed a timid smile, the word slipping from her lips awkwardly.

However, Narcissa's apprehensive expression soon gave way to uncontrollable tears, and before Cassi could react, she was carefully climbing onto the bed beside her. Narcissa's gentle hands caressed her cheeks before their lips met in a chaste and emotional kiss.

Her magic stretched contentedly as it received the caresses from their magical bonds. It was almost as if her magic was purring with pleasure, like a pet enjoying strokes. If she were in her Animagus form, she would most likely be lying on her back with her tongue out in contentment.

Narcissa must have caught her thought because she chuckled.

"I was so scared," she whispered softly. "Never scare me like that again! Never!" She chided.