Dead

Snape was still quite weak, but he asked Cassiopeia to go after Harry. She did so reluctantly, fearing to leave him alone in such a vulnerable state. But only Madam Pomfrey could properly tend to his wound, and Snape needed a proper blood-replenishing potion.

The battle raged on in the distance. Despite being tired and weak, no one gave up. But then a powerful voice echoed around them all: "You have fought," said the voice, "Valiantly. Lord Voldemort appreciates bravery."

"You have suffered heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish for this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste."

"Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour. Give a worthy send-off to your dead. Attend to your wounded. Now, I address you directly, Harry Potter. You allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me personally. I will wait for you in the Forbidden Forest for one hour. If, by the end of that time, you have not come to meet me, if you have not surrendered, then the battle will recommence. This time, I will join the fight, Harry Potter, and I will find you, and I will punish every last man, woman, and child who tried to hide you from me. One hour."

Cassi abruptly stopped. She had to find Harry. Everything was silent now. The empty courtyard.

As she emerged into the Great Hall, she paused at the doorway. The House tables had been removed, and the hall was crowded. Survivors formed groups, embracing one another. On the platform, the injured were receiving care from Madam Pomfrey and her assistants. Firenze was among the wounded; his flank was bleeding, and he writhed on the ground, unable to stand.

Draco was assisting Fred, who was semi-conscious, trying to speak as his family cried around him, emotional. She heard Percy explaining what had happened.

When George spotted her, he ran towards her with tears streaming down his cheeks. He held her so tightly that the air was squeezed out of her lungs.

"You saved him. Thank you, thank you," he cried, holding her tightly.

"We protect our friends, don't we?" She smiled gently as she continued to observe.

"You're taking that title we gave you very seriously, and I couldn't be more grateful," George embraced her again. He was so tall that he practically lifted her off the ground.

The fallen were lined up in the middle of the hall. Remus was badly injured, and Tonks was caressing his back, her eyes wide with concern.

"Cassie," she whispered when she saw her.

"You're okay, thank Merlin," Cassiopeia sighed, hugging her friend.

"Bellatrix saved me," Tonks sighed. "She saved me," she repeated in disbelief, as if she hadn't fully processed the information yet.

Cassi nodded and turned to Madam Pomfrey. Not really surprised

"Snape's very badly injured. Voldemort attacked him, he's at the Shrieking Shack. I tended to his wounds, but it can't be as good as your care," Cassiopeia explained.

Poppy looked at her in confusion. "But he's a traitor!" she exclaimed, shocked.

"He's not!" Cassi affirmed, even more surprised. "I hope you'll understand later, but Snape isn't a traitor to our side. Please, let's help him."

Madam Pomfrey reluctantly nodded before turning to continue searching for her friends.

That was until something bumped into her.

"Harry? Where are you going alone?" Cassi asked suspiciously.

"It's all part of the plan," Harry replied. "I need to go."