Breaking Down

They were concentrated in a particularly tedious Defense Against the Dark Arts class when strident noises could be heard throughout the corridors.

A single beam of golden light pierced through the classroom window, illuminating the room, when suddenly, a loud commotion echoed near the door. All the students turned their curious eyes toward the source of the noise.

Fred and George Weasley appeared, riding their broomsticks, creating explosions of fireworks that burst throughout the room. Shouting "FREEDOM" with enthusiasm, the Weasley twins sent sheets and books flying off the tables, creating a paper rain

 Shouting "FREEDOM" with enthusiasm, the Weasley twins sent sheets and books flying off the tables, creating a paper rain

Some joined the Weasley twins and started throwing more papers in the air, while others just watched. Umbridge was breathing like a bullfrog, fuming with anger.

Several fireworks whizzed around the classroom, all very colorful. But then they joined together, forming a large dragon of lights that started chasing Umbridge as she ran away.

Everyone followed the twins' escape to witness a giant W of Weasley in the sky as they fled the school, destroying the professor's rule board

Everyone applauded the feat cheerfully, even some teachers couldn't help but discreetly celebrate.

They caused chaos around the school, clogging sinks and turning corridors into swamps. They also left prank kits scattered everywhere. In the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, they filled it with fireworks and did the same in other rooms.

Umbridge was the only teacher truly affected.
The story of Fred and George's escape to freedom was told so many times in the days that followed that Cassiopeia could predict it would soon become a Hogwarts legend.

Everyone was fed up with Umbridge, and many were close to giving up everything to escape the school.

Fred and George took measures to ensure they wouldn't be forgotten too soon. First, because they hadn't left any instructions on how to remove the swamp that still filled the fifth-floor corridor in the east wing. It was completely destroyed.

The school was a mess, with many students using the twins' prank kits to pretend to vomit, make their noses bleed, and, of course, these pranks were done in every Defense Against the Dark Arts class.