Andromeda

Cassi was reading her letters

Cassi was reading her letters. She had many of them to reply to. Morgus was attentively observing everything, and Seraphina was resting around her neck.
Draco mentioned in his letter that he would be a prefect for Slytherin, and she was very happy for him.

Pansy also wrote frequently, as did Fleur and her mother.

Fleur was working at Gringotts at this point, and she had a crush on Bill Weasley, her coworker. The French witch always talked about how kind and charming he was. Cassi couldn't help but feel joy for her friend and wished them all the happiness in the world.
But the majority of the letters came from Narcissa. At this point, the two of them were exchanging at least two letters per week, sometimes even more.

The woman vehemently insisted that Cassiopeia visit her for tea and even spend Christmas with the Malfoy family. This idea made Sirius furious when he found out, but she decided to ignore her uncle's reaction.

At this point, she could consider them friends. Even though she knew her feelings for Narcissa went much beyond that. She learned from her letters that Narcissa loved spending time tending to her greenhouse, even though she had no one to appreciate her work. Cassi was thrilled about it, as she herself had a love for herbology. Both of them loved art and classical music, paintings, and had a special fondness for poetry.

Narcissa promised to take her to Paris someday to visit wizarding theaters together.
Then Cassiopeia opened her Hogwarts letter, and her jaw dropped. She would be a prefect for Slytherin alongside Draco.

Cassi carefully took the badge and excitedly descended the stairs, but as she approached, she saw Ron and Hermione with wide smiles, also holding badges.

"Prefects?" Cassi asked, raising hers to show them.

"You too?" Harry asked with a smile that seemed a bit forced.

Cassi ignored his expression.

"Apparently, Draco and I for Slytherin," she smiled, knowing they wouldn't be pleased with that.

"Malfoy as a prefect?!" Harry asked with a scowl, and the others didn't seem happy either.

(...)

)