Unbreakable Vow

Right, folks, this one was made with dedication to the books. So Narcissa is absolutely desperate.

Ps: Also, Bellatrix 💅🏻

The newspapers were in a frenzy with headlines about Voldemort's return

The newspapers were in a frenzy with headlines about Voldemort's return. The Minister was cornered. Her mother feared he would resign from office, or worse, be assassinated.

She wrote to Minerva, Harry, and Hermione, deeply concerned about all of them. Harry, undoubtedly, was going through as difficult times as she was. Sirius was the last member of her family, and now only Cassi remained as an extension of their bonds.

It seemed like hell had broken loose over her head, and if it weren't for Narcissa by her side, she probably wouldn't be able to sleep at night, haunted by nightmares.

And then there was the Damned Terrorist, utterly insane: Bellatrix. The constant fights between Cassiopeia and Bellatrix intensified every day. Their interactions boiled down to shouts and insults. She even considered the idea of sending Morgus to attack Bellatrix while she slept. However, the thought of the woman actually getting hurt made her shudder, and she tried to ignore the reason behind her emotions.

Cassi was always the first to attack and became the primary target of the witch's provocations, who had the dreadful habit of pushing all her buttons. Her patience, which wasn't much to begin with, quickly ran out. The arguments escalated rapidly, and their wands were pointed at each other in moments of uncontrollable rage. If it weren't for Narcissa's intervention, they would have killed each other already.

She was avoiding Bellatrix like a plague. She couldn't stop blaming the woman for Sirius' death, even after all the apologies and the confession that it wasn't her intention to kill him. Cassi believed Bellatrix, but she needed someone to blame, someone to hate. Every time Bella tried to get close, she would flee the room, seeking refuge in Narcissa's quarters. She completely ignored the compulsion she felt to get close as well, and the pain in her chest when she saw Bellatrix's pleading eyes.

The Gaunt mansion became a safe haven for the Death Eaters, and no one even considered looking there due to all the protective spells concealing the place. Draco was terrified, and according to Bellatrix, Voldemort intended to turn him into a Death Eater to prove his loyalty. Something about being "old enough," but it was clear that it was a form of punishment for Lucius' repeated failures.

(...)

The fireplace crackled softly that night, and the fire cast shadows across the library. Cassiopeia lay against Narcissa's chest, while the woman gently stroked her hair, trying to calm the tremor in her voice. Narcissa looked visibly distraught, with tears in her eyes and fear evident on her face, her nerves on edge due to Draco.

"I saw Regulus being taken by the same fate, and I couldn't stop it," she commented, breaking the silence. "Now, everything is repeating itself, like a train crash."