Chapter22

*Nathan*
It's Saturday! I woke up and came down the latter in my pajamas to wake up Clare. She groaned and I said, "Clare wake up!!!! It's a triple date at the concert tonight!!!!" She hit me with a pillow and I fell down laughing. She got up and came behind me covering my mouth trying to shush me. "Shout it to the whole world why don't you." Clare said trying to hold back her laughter. I just kept laughing, I couldn't stop. Eric came in the room saying, "I heard commotion and Nathan shouting so I thought I'd come check it out." "Well I think I'm taking care of it." Clare said. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Eric grabbed Clare's phone and dialed a number looking at Clare. He put the phone next to my head and I heard, "Hey Clare what's up?" It's Brandon. Clare removed her hands I kept laughing, I couldn't shut it off. "Uh... Clare, What's going on with Nathan?' Brandon asked. Clare recovered my mouth saying, "He is having a laughing attack from excitedly waking me up this morning. I think he didn't get enough sleep or he had sugar." Momma walked by with something in her hand. "Who gave Nate candy for his birthday?" she asked. Brandon said, "Ava." "Momma I think he ate it this morning, he won't shut up. Can we please get Brandon over here to shut him up so we can get ready for our concert?" Clare asked. Momma nodded saying, "Brandon, you are allowed here to help Nathan calm down." "Please hurry." Clare pleaded. I was still laughing and squirming.

*Brandon*
I didn't bother changing out of my pajamas before I headed to the Poppers' house. I walked in and called, "Where are you guys?" "Clare's room." Eric said from down the hall. I arrived at Clare's room to find Clare with her hands over a vibrating Nathan. He is laughing and crying. Clare slowly removed her hands from Nathan's mouth and he bolted over to me without tripping. He started jumping up and down and talking really fast. "Nat, I can't understand a word you are saying." I said. Nat talked really fast again and I put my hands on his shoulders to slow down his jumping. It didn't work that well. I slid my leg around his prosthetic one and knocked it out from under him catching him as he fell to the ground sitting next to him. Eric had the leg and it kept Nathan from running around the whole house. "That was mean." Nathan pouted at me shoving me away. I got closer to him and he shoved me away. "I hate you." He pouted again, but I know he didn't mean it because I could see the playfulness in his eyes. I leaned closer to him and he pushed me away again. I leaned in real close this time holding my ground and kissed him. Bringing him closer by the waist and he wrapped his fingers in my hair. I felt his body relaxing and new it was working. Finally he was totally relaxed and I broke the kiss putting my forehead on his. "Better?" I asked. Nathan nodded and said, "I'm still really excited for the concert." 'I know." I said. He turned around on my lap and looked over at Clare saying, "Tomorrow can you take me to the airport around noon?" "Why are you going to the airport?" I asked. Nathan said, "To pick up a friend. Can we please Clare?" "Sure. Just remind me okay." She said and Nathan nodded. Eric hooked Nate's leg back and helped him up. I got up and said, "Now I'll go home and get ready for the day. You should do the same. It takes a while to get to the Tad Gormley Stadium." He nodded and I headed home.