Chapter59

*Nathan*
Yeah he totally wanted to spend time with me this morning, maybe I should just break up with him. We've been distant since he rescued me from my mom's. Brandon decided that he was going to ditch me at school, it's like he is embarrassed that he is dating me. I walked right passed Amanda and Ava, not wanting to talk. I just went to first period and dwelled in my own thoughts as I was being laughed at and called names. That's how the rest of the day went too. I didn't eat lunch I just sat in the hallway of the school waiting for the bell to ring. I got a ride home from Clare. I was upset and didn't want to talk to anyone, so when we got home I went straight to my room and took out my phone, I might regret this later.

*Brandon*-bold
I received a text from Nathan that said:
I think we should break up.
Why?
We've been distant a lot lately and you never wanna hang out with me anymore.
I did this morning
Yeah just to ditch me at school. You ran off so fast like you were scared to be seen with me.
That's not true.
Well to me it is and nothing can change that. WE ARE THROUGH
When I read that last line I cried my eyes out, luckily I was in my driveway by then. I called Amanda, hoping she would pick up. I really need someone to talk to. "Hey Brandon have found out a Plan B yet?" she greeted. I sobbed into the phone, "No that's not an option anymore." "Brandon what's wrong?" Amanda asked concerned. I couldn't answer I was bawling too much. She said, "Brandon get inside your house, Ava and I will be over in a minute." I did as told hanging up my phone. I curled up on the couch and continued to cry. I feel awful, worse than the night Nat cheated on me. Maybe I should've spent more time with him, but our plans for Prom would have slipped out of my mouth. Now I guess I might have to call it off. My front door opened and I heard two sets of feet run toward me. "Brandon, please tell me he didn't say no." Amanda said. I cried harder, "Worse." "He broke up with you." Amanda said. I nodded and curled into a tighter ball. Amanda and Ava just said soothing words to me as I slowly cried myself to sleep.

*Ava*
Brandon had just fallen asleep and I asked, "Should I go talk to Nathan?" "Not right now." Amanda said. I nodded and we sat there watching Brandon's heart break.